CME Globex is the premier electronic trading system providing global connectivity to the broadest array of futures and options across all asset classes and cash markets for fixed income and FX. CME Group technology facilitates electronic trading, providing users across the globe with virtually 24-hour access to global markets. CME Credit Controls allow customers to manage credit and order submission limits for a product group and individual products. Credit controls play a critical role in managing risk for both cleared and bi-lateral markets running on CME Globex , EBS Direct, and CME Clearport .
The Manager Software Engineer role is responsible for working across the CME technology, operations and clearing house in executing the strategy for business and technology advances in CME's credit controls (including real-time tracking and enforcement on CME GLOBEX). The role will have responsibility for the local credit controls development team, including the seamless integration and collaboration with the larger global team. This individual is responsible for leading teams that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, rock-solid application reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles. The incumbent is responsible for leading the local team, coordinating with the larger global team, and integrating with near application teams, often in different regions. The Manager directs and influences teams cross-functionally as part of executing on the departments strategies and goals. The incumbent must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and possess the ability to lead others to achieve the critical mission of the function.
- Ensure appropriate team and technology changes based on upcoming change from new regulations, growing competitive pressures, information security challenges and ever-increasing service demands from the business.
- Negotiate with immediate stakeholders and business partners to maintain project priorities and recommend appropriate tradeoff decisions to Management; continually find ways to increase stakeholder and business partner satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships.
- Work with peer leadership on the implementation of technology solutions, including the definition of requirements; resource allocation; effective management of budgets; and on time execution of agreed plans and schedules.
- Contribute and implement department goals and ensure software development plans are appropriately aligned, communicated and executed as they relate to corporate goals, and the global Credit Controls team.
- Success is measured by the on-time delivery of technology solutions that address the key business needs of our customers while exceeding the organization's standards for quality, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- Synchronization and coordination with cross-functional teams to support project planning and strategy implementation including timelines and resource allocations.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Must have the experience and skills to fulfill the above job responsibilities.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.