API Development Lead
Work you'll do:
Our mission is to deliver highly secure, high quality, impactful IT services in an accelerated manner in support of our Digital Transformation objectives. As an API Development Lead, you will be at the heart of fulfilling our mission by applying your API and automation development experience to accomplish our vision of automation and Software Defined Everything (SDE) through the provisioning, configuration, monitoring and management of IT Infrastructure to achieve speed, scalability, reliability and security. The API Development Lead will be part of a team utilizing agile methodologies, the latest automation tools, Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and APIs to configure and maintain private and public cloud solutions including Azure, AWS and GCP.
As an API Development Lead you will be engaged in architecting, designing, implementing, testing and deploying API's and automation providing infrastructure provisioning, configuration, change management and monitoring.
In addition to delivering APIs, the lead will also be involved in implementing and refining a centralized API Management Platform and API Developer portal and contributing to the definition of a standardized API development process, governance and ongoing best practices.
Role Specific Responsibilities
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
- Capture API requirements including User experience (UX) through collaboration with Product Owners, Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, Application, Reliability, Cloud Operations and Infrastructure teams
- Develop, test and deliver globally available platform and hosting APIs using standard development languages, associated frameworks, and testing tools for private and public cloud under an Agile/DevOps approach
- Deliver product information, functional specifications or operational procedures to support the API
- Define/Maintain SDLC process, KPI's for API development
- Define/Build/Maintain CI/CD Pipelines for API development and delivery
- Implement and refine a centralized API Management Platform and API Developer portal
- Lead/contribute to API development best practices
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make? Who you'll work with:
The Deloitte Global Cybersecurity function is responsible for enhancing data protection, standardizing and securing critical infrastructure, and gaining cyber visibility through security operations centers. The Cybersecurity organization delivers a comprehensive set of security services to Deloitte's global network of firms around the globe. Required Qualifications:
- Well versed in security requirements for API development, able to apply the knowledge proactively in design, implementation and testing of APIs
- Working knowledge of software defined infrastructure networking, storage and compute in high availability, high performance hybrid cloud environments
- Experience developing and maintaining usable, robust, secure, performant APIs with modern technologies including REST and SOAP
- Solid understanding of functional and object-oriented programming, API design and databases
- Experience documenting and testing API's using tools like Swagger, Postman, SoapUI, JMeter, Tricentis Tosca...
- E xperience with cloud service providers and APIs including one or more of the following: AWS, Azure, Google
- Possess a strong understanding of technology stacks, driving the informed selection and integration of technologies
- Experience working in a DevOps environment (Git/GitHub, CI/CD Pipelines, Azure DevOps (ADO), Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 5-7 years of employment building scalable APIs, using database technologies
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with the ability to present when required
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Consistently displays a positive approach to the working environment.
- D emonstrates commitment to ethical professional practice.
- Passionate for making things better and driving action with a sense of urgency
- Creative and innovative, taking a thorough, design-driven approach
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent at building relationships across teams
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
- Understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, CI/CD, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Experience with API Management Platforms
- Experience utilizing SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Understanding of service strategy and service management
How you'll grow:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible. Benefits You'll Receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer:
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: D54966