Accounting Manager - Fixed Assets
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for ourclients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Globalsupports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy,programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformationalexperiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong serviceorientation that shapes our organization and those it supports. Work you'll do:
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
- Interaction with business leaders on a regular basis to understand current year investment projects, assess areas of spend that would qualify for capitalization, draw conclusions on IFRS requirements and compliance and develop supporting audit documentation.
- Responsible for overseeing the recording, tracking, and reporting of Global fixed assets across numerous legal entities (including depreciation).
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly reports for Senior Leaders, providing commentary and forecasted balances on all assets.
- Conduct periodic reviews of assets to investigate potential obsolescence and make recommendations for fixed asset that should be disposed of or impaired.
- Drive subject matter expertise in fixed asset accounting and assist in development of policies and procedure.
- Uphold accounting policies and procedures and manage monthly close process to ensure compliance with accounting standards. Review all activities with a goal toward automation and process improvement.
- Work closely with the existing Global Finance and Accounting team, Global Leaders, and member firms on projects and process improvements, including assessing, designing and developing technology-based enhancements to further support fixed asset reporting
- Responsible for interacting with external auditors regarding questions and testing of fixed assets.
- Lead a team of professionals in India with responsibility for training, coaching and performance management.
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make? Who you'll work with:
In Deloitte Global Operations, we make an impact by managing the activities essential to running the organization including technology, finance, security, communications and human resources. We form the backbone of Deloitte Global. How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, establish trust, identify needs, customize solutions and motivate teams to drive operational and strategic priorities
- Can effectively present ideas and solutions in a logical and articulate manner with the ability to work effectively with and influence Senior Executives
- Outstanding research, analytics, and quantitative aptitude; advanced attention to detail required for success in this role
- Ability to work and manage projects both independently and with a larger team to achieve goals
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise judgment consistent with achieving organizational goals and strategies
- Experience with business cycles of accounting, including: treasury, accounts payable, account receivable, and general ledger
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience with external auditors preferred
- International experience preferred, either working with or for an organization that had multinational operations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Proficiency in SAP preferred
- Proactive and results-oriented player who wants to help build a high-performance team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer:
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: D56283