Associate, Private Equity Partners
Description About this role Private Equity Partners Overview
BlackRock Private Equity Partners ("BlackRock PEP") is the private equity investment solutions group at BlackRock. Private Equity Partners has offices in Princeton, Zurich, London and Hong Kong with total AUM of more than $30 billion across a range of commingled funds and separate accounts. Major investors with BlackRock PEP include insurance firms, pension funds, endowments, sovereign wealth funds and sophisticated family offices. BlackRock PEP invests globally across the range of private equity strategies, including venture capital, growth, buyouts, distressed, and special situations. Job Purpose and Background
PEP is looking for an investment professional to join as an Associate. The candidate will be a participant in the direct co-investment and fund selection process by performing screening, research, financial modeling, and quantitative & qualitative analyses as part of the investment team. The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree and some relevant training or investment experience (e.g., private equity, investment banking or management consulting).
This position demands interpersonal skills, analytical insight and financial modeling skills, perseverance and creativity in accessing information, the ability to balance multiple tasks, but most importantly, the ability to work optimally in a cross-border, team environment and a passion for private equity investing. Key Responsibilities
- Participate in due diligence of investment opportunities (direct investments, primary funds, and secondaries), including conducting market and company research, preparing valuation analyses, and operating models, and investment memoranda, and communicating recommendations to the senior investment team
- Coordinate with service providers and BlackRock groups (Legal, Operations, and Risk) to own the closings of new investments
- Build and maintain relationships with private equity fund general partners and intermediaries
- Work with and help guide the development of junior investment professionals
- Assist in the preparation of summary review materials in support of internal quarterly reviews, external investor reports, advisory board meetings, and fundraising
- 3 - 6 years of relevant work experience
- Communication skills - Strong written and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively formulate and articulate opinions persuasively
- Technical skills - Ability to understand and develop financial models for companies and private equity funds (e.g., LBO models, valuation models, fund cash flow models)
- Analytical and critical thinking - Ability to identify and articulate investment considerations and risks. Ability to constructively review and critique team members' work, and willingness to receive and respect alternate points of view
- Interpersonal & team skills - Comfortable with consensus decision-making and working in a cross-border, team-based environment
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Self-starter with initiative
- Interpersonal and time-management skills; Attention to detail
- Outstanding academic achievement, proven leadership and extracurricular involvement
- Passion for and understanding of the private equity industry
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.