Global Risk - Privacy Manager
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports. Work you'll do:
This position supports the Deloitte Global Privacy Office (located within Risk) on global privacy and data protection compliance program management and related activities.
The position will focus on supporting the design of guidance and the monitoring of key requirements to help facilitate compliance with privacy and data protection regulations and internal policies across our Member Firm network. This may include support of the annual privacy verification process for global, various consultations on data risk reviews acting as a subject matter specialist on a variety of current and emerging privacy risks across the global network including risks with processes, services and systems.This role may also support triage of privacy related incidents crossing multiple Member Firms and may include monitoring and review of the existence and effectiveness of approaches to privacy risk mitigation and compliance with privacy requirements in various Member Firms.
The position is for a privacy professional who is looking to expand their knowledge and skills through exposure to diverse and complex data privacy regulations on a global basis. Work you'll do:
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
- Help define and update, maintain and enhance privacy compliance program requirements within the global organization
- Support periodic review of applicable data protection policies in light of changes in laws, regulatory or organizational policy
- Support data protection compliance reviews and oversee remediation activities across the global network
- Support monitoring of system/processes development for privacy and data protection compliance.
- Support the maintenance of vendor privacy due diligence and contractual safeguards
- Monitoring and evaluation of evolving laws, rules, regulations and guidance to help maintain compliance and strategic alignment
- Wide variety of other privacy compliance and operational tasks
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make? Who you'll work with:
Deloitte Global Risk, Regulatory, and Public Policy (RRPP) makes an impact by developing programs, processes and resources to preserve, protect and enhance the Deloitte brand. We identify new and emerging risks that could significantly impact the network, mitigate risks as they occur, proactively engage with regulators and key stakeholders that impact professional services, and build a clear voice around select policy topics around the globe. How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters. Qualifications:
Experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree required
Law Degree with privacy focus or specialization and certification in Privacy and/or Privacy Technology, (e.g., CIPP certification)
- Ideal candidate will be someone currently working as a Privacy Counsel or Specialist spanning many countries
- Knowledge of global privacy laws and requirements
- Legal/compliance/risk experience
- Excellent program management skills
- Independent judgement, ability to evaluate risk
- Ability to prioritize workload and balance multiple duties
- Strong professional service orientation: must deliver quality; proven ability of driving issue to resolution
- High level understanding of technology and security issues impacting data privacy programs and experience with privacy related technology solutions
- Problem solving, flexibility, initiative, ability to successfully multitask
- Precision and attention to detail with a relentless focus on persistent and timely follow-up
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of internal business processes
- Excellent communication skills, executive presence
- Work with and accommodate colleagues in other time zones
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous experience of working in SharePoint, Tableau, OneDrive/Teams a plus
- Eager to learn; willingly seeks new challenges and responsibilities
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Program management credentials a plus
- Cyber security experience a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer:
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: D56873