Infrastructure and Capital Projects, Manager
Infrastructure & Capital Projects Manager Have you been searching for an opportunity to apply your technical engineering and construction skillset in a consulting environment where you will be involved in a wide variety of projects assisting companies with
complex capital asset transactions and events? As a professional in our Advisory practice, you will be afforded this opportunity by gaining valuable experience working alongside leading professionals across various industries, assisting clients in maximizing value through capital asset tax planning, improving asset data integrity and processes, providing valuation advice related to asset transactions, and assisting clients in delivering large capital projects. You will also have the opportunity to forge valuable internal and external business relationships based on both the diversity and vastness of resources made available to our professionals. Work you'll do
You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of different projects, across many different industries and with colleagues from around the globe:
- Advise clients on matters related to the capital project/construction lifecycle by analyzing and transforming organizational processes, controls and technology, conducting forensic analyses and "construction audits" as well as claims analysis and dispute resolution, and providing overall project management and oversight of construction projects/programs
- Provide asset valuation and consultative services for property tax valuations, insurance and financial reporting
- Evaluate, assess or improve data integrity or organizational processes and controls related to the fixed asset lifecycle
- Provide Cost Segregation (for tax purposes) and other engineering or depreciation related consulting services for capital expenditures associated with newly constructed or acquired fixed assets
Working across industry sectors, from law firms to government agencies, we bring deep experience in valuing, modeling and analyzing business interests and their underlying assets, including real estate, fixed assets, intellectual property and complex financial instruments. We have a highly-specialized approach connected with a deep understanding of our clients businesses and markets, which enables us to provide insights related to the full spectrum of business transactions from mergers and acquisitions to litigation and disputes. This allows us to help our clients identify opportunities for growth and long-term advantage. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Valuation practice Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial or civil engineering preferred) or Construction Management
- 5+ years of engineering/construction related experience
- Demonstrated experience working on major construction projects or other experience tied to machinery, equipment, and other asset related projects
- Demonstrated experience in business and strategic planning and managing client relationships
- Ability to create and deliver client service work that exceeds client expectations
- Ability to understand and analyze engineering and construction drawings
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible with the potential travel requirements of client service engagements
How you'll grow
- Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial or civil engineering preferred) or Construction Management and MBA
- At least one of the following certifications: PE, ASA, PMP, CFA, CFE, CCE or CPA
- Experience in a professional services firm
- International engagement experience, including time living abroad
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
"Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future."
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATMGRKC022-FRTR