Platform Engineering and Architecture, MD
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Technology Services is seeking a technology leader with expertise in platform engineering and architecture specifically with adoption and implementation of business services in public cloud and business knowledge in the financial services industry. The candidate is someone with proven record of technology project execution with ability to get hands on when it comes to analysis design and execution, someone with creativity and self-motivation to deliver on strategic and critical projects. What you will be responsible for
This leader will have a broad range of responsibilities and will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of the Azure cloud adoption for the Asset Servicing Middle Office and Data Services as well as head the architecture function for this group.
• Lead design and architecture discussions with business and clients
• Responsible for driving execution for key projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Be the subject matter expert for multiple technology-business functions What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
• 15+ years' experience in IT
• Experience with adoption and execution of required processes/controls of public cloud along with pushing the culture to adopt Infrastructure as a Code, SRE and DevOps.
• Experience with designing & architecting services, systems & data platforms
• Experience with container-based solutions and Kubernetes is required
• Experience in event driven architectures, message hub, MQ, Kafka is required.
• Subject Matter Expertise in J2EE concepts, micro service architecture, Docker, ETL tools, Data as a Service, Star Schema, Dimension modelling, OLTP, ACID and data structures is desired
• Experience in financial industry.
• Experience in evaluating software estimating cost and delivery timelines and managing financials
• Experience leading agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
• Work closely with business & IT stake holders to manage delivery Critical Leadership Capabilities
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Driving results
- Strategic Thinking
- Collaborating & Influencing
- Change Management
- Senior Executive communication
• Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
• Modern technical understanding and experience developing and implementation large-scale innovation. Depth with modern technology stacks - data science, machine learning, cloud (hybrid)
• Experience operating in a regulated environment Additional requirements
• Ability to lead delivery, manage team members if required and provide feedback
• Ability to make effective decisions and manage change
• Communicates effectively in a professional manner both written and orally
• Team player with a positive attitude enthusiasm initiative and self-motivation
• Ability to multi-task energetic fast learner & problem solver Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers