Python Developer, Associate - Aladdin Wealth Technology(Princeton)
Description About this role
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and we will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
Being a developer at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions. Your Team
BlackRock's Aladdin Wealth Tech organization (AWT) is at the center of cutting-edge technologies that serve financial advisors and investors. AWT consolidates BlackRock's varying products, including iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and Aladdin Risk for Wealth, with marketing and sales teams - with the goal of improving the user experience of its technology products and improving relationships with the advisors who use it. Your Role and Impact
This position requires solid hands-on programming, creative problem solving, troubleshooting skills, and an enthusiasm for learning. This role also offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to build new systems and enhance existing ones.
Being a member of the Aladdin Wealth Tech Team means that you are:
- Passionate about improving user experience, and wants to understand first-hand how our product is used every day, where it meets our users' needs and where it does not
- Love coding and to tackle problems big and small, and will stop at nothing to get the job done!
- Curious and enjoy learning new things to deliver an impactful solution for our users
- Loves working on a team, and has strong communication skills
- Excited to learn about both the business and technology sides of a fin-tech organization
- Designing, coding, testing, and supporting reliable, robust software applications and services with high-quality standards
- Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint
- Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers
Interested? Hit apply! Our benefits
- 2-5 years of hands-on programming experience. Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality front and back end solutions
- Expertise across a number of programming languages including: Python, Go, and/or a JVM based language
- Strong Python Development Skills
- Some experience (could be academic) with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Proven ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure including relational databases; distributed data processing and storage solutions, e.g. Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, HBase and Cassandra
- Proficiency building and passionate about creating great products that solve big problems
- Financial knowledge and interest is recommended
- Strong teamwork, communication skills and time management abilities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or engineering preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.