- Princeton, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Jun 19
RDx Ops Support (#130346)
The RDx Support team is a new strategic support/technology operations/DevOps team, part of the Strategic Risk Program (SRP). The team is established to provide L1/L2 Support, Environment Management and Technology Operational improvements for the SRP Components. This global team, made up of highly talented individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge, supports the RDx Development team, upstream/downstream teams, and the business users in APAC, EMEA and North America. The team support the global Investment Bank's risk functions and as such have to provide global coverage and ensure production systems are kept highly available, 24 hours a day.
The team supports Front Office, Middle Office, Quantitative Strategists, as well as Strategic Risk Management (SRM), Market & Credit Risk Officers and Product Control. The Components are brand new applications and are evolving at an incredible pace. As a result, the Operations team collaborate very closely with the development team on bug fixes, monitoring, deployment, environment management, and onboarding new projects and features to support. The development team are also global, with a strong presence in Wroclaw, London and New York.
The RDx Support team collaborate very closely with other global Support teams such as FID Rates, Credit & EMG Risk, Equities as well as FID MDS Support who provide Market Data support to the Investment Bank.
- Daily interactions with RDx Support & Development teams
- You will handle BAU issues, incident management, change management, monitoring, environment management and business continuity
- Analyse, document and interrogate system issues from both business and technology perspective.
- Suggest and drive forward resolution for system issues
- Continuously come up with and implement system improvements as well as automate manual work
- Partnership with stakeholders across various business and technology units including Product Controllers, Developers, Quality Analysts, Project Managers and Support Teams, to ensure successful delivery and onboarding of Technology projects.
- You will provide effective updates to the Global Manager of the group
- Establish and drive best practices for development groups in SRP for incorporating good approach in improving the system & components design
- Unix scripting knowledge
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- You have a general understanding of financial data
- You have the ability to coordinate IT support activities across multiple applications.
- Ability to influence different peer groups.
- Consistent track record in implementing and refining support processes.
- Ability to react appropriate to challenging situations (e.g. capable of leading production outages)
- Minimum 3 years' experience of Support in one of the Financial firms
- Good interpersonal and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge of No-SQL databases and Big Data (HBase/Hadoop, MongoDB, Casandra etc.)
- Understanding of distributed systems & grid computing.
- General computer sciences background a plus… the more they understand about the workings of the tech, the better.
- ITRS Geneos
- Ability to develop or working knowledge of Java