Senior C++ Developer, VP
Who we are looking for
The Record Keeping System Development Team, located in Princeton, NJ, USA is looking for a senior level software developer who is comfortable with implementing technical requirements in a Windows Visual C++ development environment which utilizes Oracle for all data storage. Additionally, familiarity with Investment Accounting business concepts and ability to understand related accounting calculations is desired for this position. The candidate should have experience with being able to independently develop and test code in a system that has a large code base with many dependent modules. The developer in this position should have strong communication skills and ability to collaborate and work with both technical and business teams to understand requirements and implement business functionality. Developer will work with existing Agile teams tasked with enhancing existing functionality and building the future of the application. What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Software Developer you will
What we value
- Review business requirements/designs and integrate that functionality into the existing system.
- Test newly added code and understand best practices for integration with existing code.
- Confer with Configuration Management and Production Support teams on code deployment
- Independently explore and work with new technologies added to the system.
- Understand the processes of the development team and how they collaborate with other internal teams.
- Assist support teams in troubleshooting problems raised by clients or technical problems raised through production support.
- Possess the mindset to do whatever is needed to collaborate with the team members to support and develop the application.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of Financial Market domain (Derivatives, Equities, Fixed Income Mathematics, various asset classes and their characteristics, particularly with respect to market data, settlement and clearing).
- Understand business requirements and confer with business SMEs, systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design software system.
- Ability to work with the Agile development team comprised of programmer and functional resources
- Work with Product Owner and Business Analysts to write User Stories and assign tasks to team members following Agile Development guidelines.
- Translate business requirements into high/low level architectural designs and determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
Additional requirements Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science
- 10 plus years of experience in development of finance domain related software.
- Develop software modules using Visual C++, MFC, COM/DCOM, Oracle 11g RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, UNIX, Autosys, Git, Maven, RTC, Java, React JS, Kafka, MQ, Spring Boot, Tomcat.
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers