Senior Full Stack Engineer - Media
Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month through its digital properties. Our products require top-notch data tools to deliver and continuously improve the content and experiences we offer our users.
Media Data Tools is responsible for the internal data tools that drive A/B testing on Bloomberg.com, providing abstractions for managing the complex concerns of user test bucketing, config deployment, and measurement. The system is used by developers, product managers, and marketers who together run several dozen tests at any given time. The team also owns Bloomberg Media's dash-boarding system where users create and share reports using our data lake. Finally, the team's customer data platform empowers marketers and data scientists with tools for audience segmentation and machine learning. By providing thoughtful abstractions and tools for users of diverse technical skill, we unlock the power of the company's data to impact the business through testing, analysis, and dynamic user experience. What's in it for you?
As part of our team, you will work with a wide range of partners such as: Product, Analytics, Marketing, and other engineering teams. You will maintain and expand the features of data tools and services that use Kubernetes and Apache Airflow to provide power and structure for the business's data needs. Our diverse user base needs our tools to access and leverage the company's data. With the help of Google Cloud technologies like BigQuery, you'll empower them with the software they need to improve the business through data-driven decision making.
Additionally, as the owner of applications which serve as the face of Media's data capabilities, you will play a central role in growing the impact of data within the company. By working closely with your users you will develop a keen sense of their needs and challenges, and we'll trust you to help set the direction and priorities of the team. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Manage and expand DR-compliant software architectures, adhering to strict requirements concerning performance, stability, and availability
- Build applications that meet the performance and stability requirements that come with web-scale traffic
- Build thoughtful UX abstracting and managing the complexity of numerous datasets
- Engage in technical discussion with domain specialists like data scientists, data engineers, and analysts
- Grow your domain expertise to find growth opportunities and to expand our team's impact.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with full-stack web development
- Experience with front end frameworks like Vue.js, React, etc
- Experience with ORM frameworks like ActiveRecord, Sequelize, etc
- Experience with RDBMS's like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience developing single-page web apps
- Experience designing and implementing internal tools
- High level SQL skills and data analytics experience
- Experience with data engineering concepts like extract, transform, and load (ETL) jobs
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.