Senior Software Engineer - Web Acquisition
The Data Technologies Web Acquisition team provides solutions to facilitate acquisition of web-based content into the Bloomberg ecosystem. Our solutions include low-latency web crawlers, user interfaces for configuration and management of web crawlers, distributed rate-limiting systems, and much more.
To meet our clients' ever-increasing needs for timely, accurate data, we're building the next generation of content acquisition platforms and tools. We're working to enhance data acquisition workflows, providing components crucial for content acquisition, extraction, refinement, and distribution. We're instrumenting systems for faster error detection and issue remediation.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for problem solving, strong design/implementation skills, and a desire to help bring Bloomberg's data acquisition ecosystem to the next level. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our platform from idea to deployment and maintenance
- Get to know engineering and data teams across Bloomberg to understand their application requirements and data access patterns
- Keep bringing the latest and greatest innovation and technology stack from open source community to our products
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years experience building scalable, extensible, fault-tolerant software - 3+ years experience working with C++, Node.js, or Python
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment - BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Hands-on experience working with containers e.g. Kubernetes and Docker - Experience working with Cloud Computing platforms e.g. AWS
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working with emerging web technologies such as Electron and Puppeteer/Playwright
- Familiarity with protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, FTP, SFTP, FTPS
- Familiarity with the Semantic Web
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.