Tax Manager - Mutual Funds (US)
- Not Specified
- Princeton, NJ, USA Princeton NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Tax Manager – Mutual Funds (US)
The U.S. Product Tax team is responsible for the oversight of tax-related services, issues and compliance for mutual funds and exchange-traded funds offered in the U.S. by BlackRock.
We are seeking an experienced tax professional with a background in the taxation of Regulated Investment Companies (RICs). The position has responsibility for all tax matters for assigned retail mutual funds and related financial products. This includes: a) oversight of all RIC tax qualification issues, including distribution, asset diversification and gross income requirements, b) coordination and review of applicable tax returns and extensions, c) coordination and review of tax provisions and tax-related disclosure in financial statements, d) supervision and management of outsourcing relationships with US and non-US service providers, e) completing technical tax research related to issues that affect funds, and f) providing business support for new products and instruments.
- Manage financial statement audit process as it relates to preparation of annual report tax disclosure and review of investment company taxable income and net capital gain calculations.
- Manage year-end distribution and shareholder tax reporting processes.
- Review asset diversification and gross income qualification tests
- Review and assure timely filing of tax returns and extensions
- Oversee tax services of external tax service providers. Regularly evaluate performance and recommend changes where necessary.
- Develop, recommend, and implement tax reporting and accounting policies. Document and maintain records of tax policies and procedures (including FIN 48 documentation) and provide technical tax assistance in planning and development of systems supporting tax calculations for mutual funds.
- Partner with the business in designing and developing new products and evaluating new instruments.
- Work closely with other teams within BlackRock and outside service providers e.g., portfolio management, marketing, transfer agency, fund accounting, financial reporting, product teams, sales strategy, capital markets, internal and external counsel, independent auditors, as well as federal, state and local tax authorities.
- Perform technical research and analysis related to domestic and foreign tax issues affecting fund qualification and compliance matters.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and continually improving procedures to facilitate pro-active identification and resolution of tax issues.
- Provide appropriate technical tax information as necessary to manage tax-related risk and ensure regulatory compliance with all appropriate jurisdictions.
- Support Call Center with tax-related inquiries.
- Relevant tax experience working with RICs in a major accounting or law firm, and/or industry. CPA or JD preferred.
- Proficient in the taxation of RICs, financial instruments and investment strategies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to analyze tax issues.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship-building skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced and complex environment, handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently and resolving issues that cut across the organization, while maintaining highest standards and attention to detail.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.