Web Infrastructure Operations Engineer, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The State Street Middleware Application Infrastructure Team supports multiple web and application server software suites across the Bank. We provide managed services for the packages like WebLogic, WebSphere , jBoss, Tomcat , IIS , OHS , NGINX and other. The successful candidate will provide technical expertise and leadership to the Web Operations Team. The position requires effective communication and technical skills with a willingness to learn and implement best-in-class tools and strategies. The candidate must be willing to design and implement solutions, work on new technology projects and improve the current web application stack. What you will be responsible for
As Web Infrastructure Operations Engineer you will
What we value
- Provide Level 3+ technical support for Middleware Web Application Services for the State Street Corporation.
- Manage and train Operational personnel
- Effectively participate and lead ITIL processes including Incident, Problem, Change, Capacity management
- Serve as a client liaison and a point of escalation for internal and external customers
- Work with the engineering team on continuous service improvement focusing on automation and service standardization.
- Initiate and manage vulnerability remediation, patching, upgrades, and hardware life cycle to ensure we remain current with technology solutions and meet client needs.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
• Strong knowledge in web server and web application technologies - IBM WebSphere NDM, IBM HTTPD Server, JBoss and JBCS, OHS, WebLogic, Microsoft IIS, Tomcat, Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google), and NGINX (a plus).
• Strong knowledge of SSL and SSH security, protocols, and key management.
• Proficient knowledge and hands-on experience with Shell Scripting, Python Programming, Ansible Core/Tower and Terraform, Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
• Ability to multitask, manage high-priority initiatives and coordinate the activities with Service Delivery and Engineering teams to completion.
- Ability to work in a team setting with a diverse group: operations support resources, SSC client services representatives, application and service delivery teams. Education & Preferred Qualifications
Why this role is important to us
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers