- Secaucus, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 13 Dec 18
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC is looking for a Network Engineer to join our Secaucus, NJ CDC. As a Network Engineer, you will be joining a team that is responsible for network and infrastructure of our global enterprise. Our focus is to engineer a best in class network that offers superior resiliency and low latency to provide our client's with unmatched performance for best order execution. The successful candidate will take an active role in the entire technology life-cycle; from design development, implementation, and commissioning, to routine monitoring, operation and trouble resolution.
We are seeking a highly motivated, roll-up-your-sleeves, network technologist who enjoys the challenge of owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects of varying scale and scope. You will also participate in an on call schedule with other team members to provide tier two network and infrastructure support.
As a network engineer, you will:
- Develop, implement, and manage global network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot/diagnose and escalate outages and issues
- Manage the full end to end technology life cycle
- Develop and maintain technical diagrams and documentation
- Work with product vendors and telecom service providers
- Must have 5+ years of network engineering experience
- Proven network design and implementation experience
- In depth knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- Understanding of network security methodologies, architecture, and best practice application
- Experience with any of the following: Cisco routers, switches, and security devices; Palo Alto, Check Point security products; Arista networks; F5 application load balancers.
- Experience working in a data center and understanding data center infrastructure (cabling, hardware)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
Experience with network management systems
- Ability to manage tasks/projects assigned to completion
**Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of September 30, 2018.