Our client, a global investment bank, is seeking a Data Engineer for their Weehawken, NJ location.
• Perform research and analysis; run analysis on large data repositories and summarize and generate valuable insights and present data for action to aid management in making crucial business decisions.
• Develop scorecards, static and interactive dashboards, data visualizations, data extracts, and other "descriptive analytics" to tactically meet the needs of banking stakeholders.
• Perform exploratory data analysis and identify patterns and communicate findings to influence acquisition and retention strategies.
• Define the appropriate statistical or analytical technique for the business problem; this decision should balance business needs and timing with the required robustness.
• Design ML pipelines that include components related to data acquisition, exploratory analysis, feature engineering, predictive model design/build and interactive storytelling.
• Build models and manage dataset creation for analytics and model development and validation.
• Collaborate with Information Architecture and Business teams in formulation of requirements for data across all product lines.
• Work with field engagement to coordinate delivery, tracking, and regular reporting of measures and performance metrics.
• Create, maintain, and deliver custom reports from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
• Bachelor's degree or Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
• 3+ years' experience as a data scientist or data analyst in which you have extracted meaning from big data sets with little engineering support.
• Working knowledge of data mining techniques, including regression analysis, clustering, decision trees, etc. and strong grasp of hypothesis formation and testing.
• At least 4 to 5 years of experience with SQL and SAS/R/Python and working with large relational and non-relational databases.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience with self-service reporting and data exploration / data visualization tool Tableau and advanced MS Office skills.
• Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• Comfort with ambiguity and eagerness to learn new skills.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with ability to present to large audience.
• Strong in follow-through and open to feedback and self-improvement.
• Proactive and resourceful, willing to try new ideas & explore while ad. Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.