Job Reference # 192665BR
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you test the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to:
– Work within our WMA Technology
– Work on Core Java / RESTful Web service / Oracle / DB2/ Linux / SVN / Git / Teamcity
– Take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
– Be comfortable within a fast moving Agile team
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the contest of simplifying and rationalizing them
- Assist in transformation programs from inception to delivery
-Ready for hands-on development / research and learning new technologies Your team
You'll be working as part of an WMA Securities and Cash Management team based in Weehawken. This team is one of a community globally, so collaboration is essential and is effectively managed. We are responsible for systems used by the WMA Securities and Cash Management area.
There are a number of back-office applications in this area which are used by global Operations. Our team delivers change and third line support on one or more of these systems. Your expertise
– Ideally 8+ years hands-on experience or equivalent in the development, design, maintenance and integration of software solutions
– Proficiency in core Mainframe and database technologies with exposure to distributed technologies
– Familiar with automated testing, acceptance testing, TDD, BDD
– Good understanding and usage of DBMS'
– Experience working with complex applications with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment globally
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
– The ability to resolve production issues escalated to you
– Experience with the full software development life cycle predominantly with agile methodologies
– Experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with stakeholders
– Excellent research, investigation and evaluation skills
– Experience in the financial services industry desirable but not essential About us
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? Join us
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now. Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.