- Westfield, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 17 2017-09-28
An SEC-registered investment advisor in the global credit space, is seeking a financial/operations analyst who is a fast learner and team player to join its fast growing and dynamic team. This junior level role provides operational/analytical support to the firm’s portfolio management and finance team. Responsibilities include trade booking, reconciling and tracking financial transactions, interfacing with external counterparties and conducting financial and accounting analyses. The position provides opportunities to learn and develop skills across multiple areas of the investment management business.
Functions and Responsibilities
· Manage the settlement cycle of our trades. Reconcile trade activities to ensure all trades are accurately allocated and confirmed, and modify and update operational procedure documents as necessary
· Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and accuracy and leverage technology to streamline trading processes
· Assist management in preparing periodic reports and other ad hoc documents as required.
· Help create and maintain investor presentations and other marketing materials
· Coordinate meetings and communications with clients and service providers
· Other ad hoc projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree with satisfactory academic records, financial industry experience a plus
· Understand basic financial and accounting concepts
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to quickly learn new processes and workflows
· Ability to perform complex data analysis
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Computer programming skills a plus
The firm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Company also complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employment will require successful completion of a background check.