Americas Control Officer AVP
- Whippany, NJ, USA Whippany NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Overall purpose of role The role holder will help provide oversight of the Control framework across Barclays International, with specific focus on: * the Intermediate Holding Company (IHC), * the Combined United States Operations (CUSO), * other countries in the Americas (e.g. Canada, Mexico, Cayman, Brazil).
About Chief Controls Office
The Chief Controls Office (CCO) is responsible for supporting businesses in governing, maintaining, and evolving an effective control environment. It is responsible for leading and coordinating the Control agenda in the First Line of Defence (FLoD) across Barclays, covering operational, reputational, and conduct risk, aligned to the core principles of the CCO Operating Model.
Overall purpose of role
The role holder will help provide oversight of the Control framework across Barclays International, with specific focus on:
- the Intermediate Holding Company (IHC),
- the Combined United States Operations (CUSO),
- other countries in the Americas (e.g. Canada, Mexico, Cayman, Brazil).
The role holder will help support the Chief Controls Officer (Americas) in the establishment and monitoring of a best-in-class control framework. They will be very involved with the following IHC / CUSO related topics:
- Risk Issue / Risk Event management
- Lessons Learned
- Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs)
- Conduct Risk
- Contribute to the production of materials for the Americas Controls Forum (ACF), a monthly control environment assessment meeting for Barclays International in the Americas.
- Identify all risk issues / events that are owned by and impact the Americas, including IHC / CUSO.
- Analyze and provide insightful commentary for periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, YTD) changes in stock of existing and Past Due self-identified, audit, and Regulatory issues.
- Partner with CCO MI colleagues (both on-shore and off-shore) to identify items for automation / for enhancement of materials production for the monthly ACF meetings.
- Partner with global CCO colleagues to report on completed Lessons Learned assessment themes.
- Partner with the VP, Americas Controls Officer, to own secretarial responsibilities (e.g. minutes, follow-up actions) for the ACF meetings.
- Partner with businesses / functions to mitigate potential failed issue validation by:
- tracking the progress of self-identified, audit, and Regulatory issue remediation
- engaging with issue owners and Internal Audit colleagues to ensure all stakeholders fully understand issue remediation requirements.
- Partner with the VP, Americas Controls Officer, other global CCO colleagues, and Operational Risk Management colleagues to produce a periodic Risk and Control Self Assessment for the IHC / CUSO.
- Partner with the VP, Americas Controls Officer, to analyze Conduct Risk-related dashboards received from Barclays International verticals and weave into a compelling narrative for the IHC / CUSO.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.