Internal Consultant, Institutional Advisory Channel
- Santa Fe, NM, USA Santa Fe NM US
- Permanent, Full time
- Thornburg Investment Management
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION: This position will focus on expanding Thornburg's distribution capabilities in the Institutional Advisor Channel (IAC) by utilizing a consultative sales approach with current and prospective RIA, Family Office & Bank Trust clients.
Thornburg Investment Management is a privately owned global investment firm offering a range of solutions for investors around the world. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, NM, we manage U.S. mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, it’s more than what we do; it’s how we do it. A flexible perspective built on collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas, an unconventional approach to portfolio construction, and a reputation of integrity are important aspects of how we do business. Far from the groupthink of Wall Street, Thornburg is positioned to offer a different point of view and a broader frame of reference in our global search for relative value opportunities.
LOCATION: Position is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Relocation assistance may be provided if you're an out of state candidate. Please confirm your ability to relocate to NM in your cover letter.
• Identify opportunities to partner with Senior Consultants to develop and execute consultative sales strategies that will maximize market penetration and increase customer loyalty
• Develop and deepen partnership opportunities within IAC
• Plan and execute targeted product campaigns in coordination with team members
• Utilize technology and third-party databases to analyze data and identify strategic market opportunities
• Partner with IAC Senior Consultants, Marketing, and others to ensure alignment around business strategy, capitalize on opportunities, and overcome specific challenges
• Ensure collaboration across the organization, maximizing synergies within other channels of Distribution
• Bachelor’s degree required (MBA a plus)
• 3-year minimum relevant financial services experience Analytical or research experience within Asset Management, Investment Consulting or Wealth Management Knowledgeable as to asset allocation theory, portfolio construction technology, investment manager diligence and modern portfolio theory/statistics High degree of initiative, results-orientation and entrepreneurial thinking Experience building long-term relationships Highly engaged, enthusiastic, coachable and a team player
• FINRA series 7 & 66 licenses
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610 and nicknamed “The City Different,” Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque landscape, it’s no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in “The Land of Enchantment” attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm’s broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.