Senior Proposal Writer
- Santa Fe, NM, USA Santa Fe NM US
- Permanent, Full time
- Thornburg Investment Management
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION Helps the firm acquire and retain assets under management by meeting the information needs of prospects and clients in a timely manner.
Thornburg Investment Management is a privately owned global investment firm offering a range of solutions for investors around the world. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, NM, we manage U.S. mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, it’s more than what we do; it’s how we do it. A flexible perspective built on collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas, an unconventional approach to portfolio construction, and a reputation of integrity are important aspects of how we do business. Far from the groupthink of Wall Street, Thornburg is positioned to offer a different point of view and a broader frame of reference in our global search for relative value opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works within a team environment to complete client and prospect questionnaires and other types of information requests within the required timeframe.
- Works closely with subject matter experts from across the organization, including sales and compliance, to write and edit standard language used in RFPs and other communications.
- Ensures language updates are implemented across communication vehicle.
- Provides ad hoc proofing support for printed and online marketing materials.
- Reviews content for accuracy, including questionnaires, industry databases, and marketing materials.
- Develops a thorough understanding of Thornburg’s organization, investment product offerings, and sales and client service processes.
- Manages and uses a database of standard language.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL REQUIREMENTS
- At least three years of industry experience required.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required. Finance, Marketing, Communications, or Journalism degree preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong editorial judgement.
- Has a collaborative approach to writing.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to solve problems and overcome obstacles as needed.
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610 and nicknamed “The City Different,” Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque landscape, it’s no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in “The Land of Enchantment” attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm’s broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.