- Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Executive Director - Cyber Security Tech Controls
- Brooklyn, NY, USA
Executive Director - Cyber Security Tech ControlsJPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
This role is responsible for managing Technology Risk & Controls within Technology of Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). Specifically, the role will oversee risk and control activities for certain areas in Markets, globally.
- Manage governance oversight of Technology Risk & Control in partnership with CIB Markets technology executives, providing senior management with transparency on identified key risks, issue management, and resolution
- Coordinate all relevant IT Risk activities (e.g., assessment, control testing, and monitoring, reporting and remediation activities). Act as a subject matter expert in relation to IT Risk, Control and Security.
- Develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner, as well as building relationships with Corporate functions such as Audit, Corporate IT Risk and Global Technology Infrastructure.
- Lead and participate in programs to improve and remediate the control environment across the CIB.
- Assist in interpretation of regulatory requirements and Corporate policies, communicate these clearly alongside current status, and provide oversight of compliance as required. Respond to regulatory enquiries and exams.
- Build a culture focused on the pro-active awareness and improvement of the risk environment.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of IT and application risk and controls management gained as a practitioner ideally covering Market areas (Equities, Macro, Spread businesses)
- Experience in application security controls (design and/or execution) desired
- Experience in financial regulatory, internal and external engagements on technology controls ideally gained with Market regulators
- Familiar with e-trading control requirements and relevant regulations (SEC 15C3-5, MiFID II, etc.)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle stages, control requirements and compliance assessment
- Experience in SoX and/or SSAE16 control processes
- Stakeholder engagement skills, including ability to influence senior management (proven engagement with CTOs)
- Proven people management skills
- Ability and energy to design and drive change
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong decision making capability
- Excellent communicator
- Strong execution skills for overseeing enterprise-wide risk initiatives
- 15+ years' experience in technology or IT risk management, preferably for financial institution and/or strong background in IT Risk Advisory
- Demonstrated capability of designing and implementing cross-functional programs; strong project management skills
- Track record of implementing successful risk or technology management solutions
- Track record of developing and maintaining senior-level stakeholder relationships
- Industry qualification e.g. CISA, CRISC (not required).