- Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Infrastructure Support Lead, Lab as a Service (LAAS)
- Brooklyn, NY, USA
Infrastructure Support Lead, Lab as a Service (LAAS)The Lab Infrastructure Supportreports to the Enterprise Lab Services Manager (ELS); r esponsible for management,maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers,network devices, and productivity tools for the lab services. As the LabInfrastructure Support, he/she will be responsible for the IT, technology,architecture design of the lab.
The Lab Infrastructure Supportwill also provide input into the development of the global lab strategy and introducenew ideas based on organizational strategy and industry trends.
This individual willdesign, plan, and build infrastructure for the lab, focusing on optimization,reliability, and security for the Lab Service. Be the point of contact andliaison with GTI service owner and collaborate with lines of business on labinfrastructure related issues.
He/She will drive automationof manual processes and the streamlining of existing tools, including but notlimited to reservations systems, request queues, capacity management, assetmanagement inventories, access controls and monitoring systems with in the lab.
The ideal candidate mustbe a self-starter, and will develop and support the lab networkinfrastructure. Determining hardware and software components to meet lab usagedemand. Working with key technology venders for infrastructure support on bothexisting equipment and latest releases. Project work will require flexiblescheduling and effective multi-tasking in order to adjust to changingpriorities. This position requiresextensive interaction with multiple internal technology groups.
College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalentwork experience
- Strong knowledge of Server/SystemsManagement/Virtualization and Network Management
- Have a deep knowledge of a broad spectrum ofnetworking technologies such as L2, L3, L4, load balancers, firewalls, SDN andvirtual technology, including the ability to configure with or without a designin any combination of the above.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of firm'stechnology solutions (both deployed and future) keeping up to date on industrytrends.
- Coordinate lab testing of hardware and softwarefor both standard and nonstandard technology across multiple groups' highly volatiletechnical environment.
- Work with engineers & OEM vendors onsite,troubleshooting equipment with clients, working with contractors as toconfiguration, rack & stack equipment's
- Create and maintain documentation for supportedsystems, including architecture diagrams, technical specifications etc.
- Inventory management & data quality
- Customer focus - the ability to demonstrateconcern and meet internal customer needs
- Capacity to quickly analyze technical problemsand resolve issues
- Must work well in an ambiguous and changingenvironment.
- At least 10 years of experience in relevanttechnologies including experience leading complex initiatives.
- Experience designing and implementing hardwareand platforms
- Solid understanding of networking technologiessuch as L2, L3, L4, load balancers, firewalls, SDN and virtual technology,including the ability to configure with or without a design in any combinationof the above
- Solid understanding of VMware vSphere and MicrosoftHyper-V.
- Working knowledge of Linux (RedHat, CentOS, SUSEand Ubuntu).
- Strong technology troubleshooting skills andproven ability to resolve infrastructure issues, incompatibilities, etc.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.