Cloud Architect/Engineer (JR1002416)
- Edgewood, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Broadridge Financial Solutions
- 18 Apr 19
Cloud Architect/Engineer (JR1002416)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Broadridge is hiring a Cloud Architect/Engineer with our Broadridge Cloud Solutions Group. As a leading provider of Financial Service Technology Offerings, we are looking for your expertise in developing and automating workflows, AWS deployments and migration efforts.
- Design and implementation of AWS cloud solutions
- Perform AWS development and design work that may include logical system design, cloud architecture analysis and design, and systems engineering
- Implement and automate IaaS and PaaS services in AWS including IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Develop and implement cloud strategy and vision, enterprise cloud security, cloud solutions design and delivery, cloud migrations, infrastructure automation across a wide range of platforms
- Lead the formation of blueprints for a secure and adoptable multi-tenant cloud framework including custom governance, security, identity management and operational controls
- Develop automation templates and other Infrastructure-As-Code solutions to automate the provisioning and maintenance of large-scale environments and configuration management
- Support various technology groups and be an inspiring leader in the adoption of cloud architectures for existing and new applications
- Work with various application and infrastructure teams to improve their internal processes
- Conduct meetings with internal stakeholders across IT and act as an ambassador for the team, spreading cloud-related knowledge to others in the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Business or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience delivering enterprise-scale, cloud solutions and ability to lead a large-scale enterprise level cloud enablement effort
- Direct experience with a wide range of AWS platforms including IAM, EC2, S3, DS, Direct Connect, VPC, IAM, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience in building/delivering new technologies in an innovative, change-driven organization.
- Ability to consult on all technical levels on design: planning, integration, implementation, scalability and problem definition
- Proven ability to influence and build relationships in a matrixed environment with technology leadership, business units, 3rd party vendors, and executive stakeholders
- Ability to understand the short- and long-term costs, benefits and risks of technical solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management
- Hands-on, results-oriented, delivery-driven individual requiring minimal guidance
- Solid command of at least one programming/scripting language (Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.) and the ability to write code independently.
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes
- should be built, communicate that vision, and lead his team to execute.
- Great inter-personal skills
Nice to Have:
- Financial, Healthcare, or other regulated industry experience
- Familiarity with 3rd party Cloud Management Platforms
- Industry recognized senior level certifications such as CISSP, AWS Professional level, etc.
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt, Terraform)
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment and shell scripting
- Practical experience with automation of Windows OS
- Additional programming/scripting languages
- Experience with database systems (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle and NoSQL platforms)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking #LI-AS1