Data Business Analyst (JR1012697)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing! Our mission is to attract, develop and retain extraordinary talent. Being a place where especially driven and hardworking people want to work is how we deliver award-winning services to our customers and ultimately build customer value.
We are seeking a Data Business Analyst
to join our team in Deer Park. In this role you will be responsible for managing projects of various scope within the organization. You will coordinate all inputs needed to successfully execute all projects aligning with strategic goals. You will lead communication between partners, various internal departments, and key participants to process or program changes. You will provide operational support for ongoing development and process improvement initiatives.
Are you self-starter who is a strong communicator, highly organized, with a high technical aptitude? If so, we urge you to read below to see how you can make a valuable contribution to our dynamic, growing business! Position Function and Duties
- Presenting information through reports and visualization and respond to adhoc requests for information and analysis
- Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions
- Crafting and executing queries upon request for data
- Building and managing relationships with various business partners, including the offshore shared service department to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with teams to develop and improve existing BI systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- 5+ years of proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist and experience with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Background in data warehouse design and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Experience Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently with management and business users gathering requirements with high attention to detail, and focused on the timely completion of deliverables.
- Excellent at capturing business needs and drivers in user stories that are meaningful to business stakeholders and the technical development team.
- Work closely with the end user community in helping to determine the best solution for their needs.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree preferred