Production Mechanic (JR988860)
- Edgewood, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Broadridge Financial Solutions
- 21 May 19
Production Mechanic (JR988860)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the -EEO is the Law- poster.
-Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity - Inclusion.
Diverse - Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.-
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking a Production Mechanic to work at our Deer Park office. In this role, you will work with the team to meet the company's productivity standards and requirements. You will perform preventive maintenance, ongoing service, and emergency repairs on equipment on the auto insertion floor.
- You will monitor the hourly throughout of the inserting or bindery machines, ensuring that they are running at optimum capacity and verify that all jobs are completed according to predetermined schedules.
- Support production operations with all equipment related issues.
- You will maintain and service, as required, insertion equipment and folding machines and ensuring that a sufficient inventory exists and inventory controls are followed.
- Complete all records tracking preventive maintenance, including lube logs.
- Assisting in the training and pre-certification of equipment operators.
- You will check the quality of material completed by the Insertion equipment, ensuring that the material and final product is of satisfactory quality.
- Assist in developing a revolving maintenance schedule for all insertion related equipment and ensure that maintenance occurs according to scheduled deadlines.
Skill Sets Required:
- Proven proficiency in the operation and repair of small machines.
- Ability to take direction and to work under pressure of time constraints necessary.
- Strong customer service skills and good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill working in a diverse team environment with various personality types to get the work done. Ability to relate well and show respect and consideration for others.
- A self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative, a willingness to learn and positive attitude.
- Ability to stand and work while standing, lift, carry and move 25+ lbs throughout duration of assigned shift.
- Flexible schedule and overtime required and the ability to consistently work Monday -- Friday from 5:00 PM to 1:30 AM (shift differential applies).
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a High School diploma.
- 2+ years' experience within a production environment with resultant knowledge of small machine repair.
- Experience with Pitney Bowes inserters and/or other machine shop experience is a plus! #LI-