Senior Accountant, Financial Accounting & Reporting (JR1010132)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing! We are seeking a Sr. Accountant, FA&R
to join our team in Deer Park. In this role, you will apply accounting and finance principles while performing specific tasks such as month end closing, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your accounting skills in position with strong growth potential? If so, we want to hear from you! Responsibilities include:
- Compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare entries into general ledger accounts and document business transactions according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements.
- Preparing standard and specialized financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports).
- Ensuring documentation of accounting policies and procedures is current and are applied consistently.
- Assisting in preparation of corporate deliverables including, but not limited to, the Executive Committee reporting package, analyst call package for earnings release, and year-end tax packages.
- Performing monthly unbilled AR Analysis and other balance sheet analysis for assigned business
- Working with external auditors and assist with questions/requests during year-end audit and quarterly reviews.
- Assisting in conducting SOX testing
- Providing support to or lead various special projects that are designed to increase net operating income or promote operational efficiency.
- Working with business partners and the FP&A group on a monthly and quarterly basis for reporting, forecasting and budgeting needs.
- Working closely with the Financial Accounting Shared Services (FAST) India and the corporate team during the month end close cycle on deliverables and ad hoc requests.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of relevant experience (preferably public accounting)
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Must have a general knowledge of internal controls over financial statements.
*no agency calls*
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we've been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We're serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, on-site medical center and much more.
- You'll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.