Senior Software Engineer- Mainframe
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the -EEO is the Law- poster.
-Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity - Inclusion.
Diverse - Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.-
Broadridge is hiring. We currently have an opening for a Full Time / Direct Hire Senior Mainframe Programmer Analyst to support our Investor Communications Division based out of our Deer Park, NY location. If you're passionate about a position that plays a vital role in the delivery of quality client solutions, we want to review your background.
In order to be successful, you'll demonstrate advanced knowledge of Mainframe Development
- In this role you will, investigate system and programming problems, propose solutions and recommend design improvements for increased efficiency.
- You'll handle complex programming assignments and develop mainframe applications using COBOL / CICS /VSAM and DB2.
- Analyze product requirements and translate them into detailed system functionality by working with internal organizations and/or clients.
- You'll develop architectural components in support of business requirements and standards for application development.
- You will build system and program test plans and procedures
- You will develop test data and performs the unit testing ensuring that the programs perform according to program specifications.
- You'll lead other team members in the coding, testing and debugging of application programs Special short-term projects may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent IT experience.
- 5+ or more years of experience writing and testing code using Cobol, CICS, VSAM and DB2.
- Proven social skills as well as analytical capabilities #LI-ME1