AVP Tax Reporting & Compliance
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Overall purpose of role * The primary functions of the position will be preparing income tax provisions for a number of Barclays' entities for reporting and forecasting purposes. * Role requires considerable knowledge of income tax accounting, GAAP/IFRS accounting, federal, state and local tax laws, excellent verbal, research and written communication skills.
Overall purpose of role
- The primary functions of the position will be preparing income tax provisions for a number of Barclays' entities for reporting and forecasting purposes.
- Role requires considerable knowledge of income tax accounting, GAAP/IFRS accounting, federal, state and local tax laws, excellent verbal, research and written communication skills.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required
- Prepare federal, state & local income tax provisions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare effective tax rates reconciliation for entities and consolidation
- Compute and reconcile current and deferred income tax balances in accordance with ASC 740 and IFRS standards
- Reconciliation and maintenance of legal entity's tax attributes (NOL, tax credits, etc.)
- Assist with analyzing Fin 48 and valuation allowance positions
- Assist in the improvement of tax accounting and compliance processes and reporting systems and related internal controls.
- Prepare/review federal and state income/franchise tax returns and extensions/quarterly estimate tax payments.
- Assist in research and analysis of various federal, state & local tax issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; MS in taxation preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in corporate income tax. Experience must include preparation and analysis of income tax provision.
- 4+ years' advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of ASC 740 (FAS109) and related pronouncements (FIN 48, etc.).
- Federal, state and local compliance work experience, experience with US income tax of a foreign corporation (1120F) preferred.
- Experience with accounting & tax systems such as SAP, HFM, OneSource Tax Provision (TaxStream) and Corptax.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize and perform multiple tasks with varying deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to interact independently with peers and management, possess excellent communication and analytical skills, work under deadlines and multitask.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to prepare concise, accurate documents in response to the state and local tax authorities, tax audits and mitigation of audit assessments, memos, matrix, etc.