Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption (AFBC) Advisory Officer - Vice
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Job Title: Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption (AFBC) Advisory Officer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Overall Purpose of the Deutsche Bank AFC Function
Deutsche Bank is committed to the highest standards of Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption, and wider Financial Crime (collectively referred to as Anti-Financial Crime) prevention. Management and all employees are required to adhere to these standards to protect Deutsche Bank and our reputation from those who may intend to use our products and services for money laundering, bribery, corruption, fraud and/or Terrorist Financing (TF) purposes.
Deutsche Bank Group will examine its Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) strategies, goals and objectives on an ongoing basis and maintain an effective program for Deutsche Bank's business that reflects the best practices for a diversified, global financial services provider.
Overall Purpose of the VP Level AFBC Advisory Officer Role
Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption (AFBC) Advisory is a function within AFC which is responsible for the design of the AFBC framework within the Bank, the strategy to prevent and detect the above, and the issuance of internal policy and procedures.
The AFBC Advisory Officer reports to the Regional Head of Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption, Americas, and is responsible for the continuing development of a robust global AFBC program, acting as a subject matter expert relative to fraud, bribery and corruption matters within the Americas Region.
- Implementing the Deutsche Bank Group Anti-Fraud and Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policies across all Business Divisions and Infrastructure Functions in the region
- Provide advice and guidance on various areas including charitable donations, memberships and sponsorships, relationships with third parties, business transactions, joint ventures, and hiring practices
- Assist with inspections, reviews and inquiries undertaken by regulators relating to AFBC
- Assist in tracking emerging AFBC related legislation and regulation
- Supporting the Head of AFBC Investigations, Americas in fostering collaboration within the Global AFBC team and to ensure consistency of approach by working closely with the other regional AFBC teams around the world
- Participating in financial crime risk assessments
- Building relationships with stakeholders within all Business Divisions and Infrastructure Functions in the region, providing support relative to the management of AFBC related risk
- Supporting the formulation and execution of anti-fraud, bribery and corruption, as well as other financial crime, related trainings to Deutsche Bank employees
- Supporting the Regional Head of AFBC, Americas in ensuring that internal policies owned by AFBC are fit for purpose from a regional perspective
- Assisting in the production of required periodic Management Information
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of staff, as appropriate
- Providing general support to the Regional Head of AFBC, Americas, to ensure the overall effectiveness of the team
- University Degree (preferably law or criminology) or comparable qualifications. A graduate level law degree is strongly preferred
- Ideally an existing Financial Crime professional with a background and strong knowledge of bribery and corruption laws and regulations
- Strong knowledge of bribery and corruption related systems, controls and preventative measures, including experience in conducting financial crime risk assessments and developing financial crime risk management frameworks
- Investigation experience, including interaction with regulators, external auditors and other professionals in relation to managing/conducting investigations and mitigating financial crime risks
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Banking experience. A solid understanding of Deutsche Bank, its divisions, products and risk related processes is strongly preferred
- Team player and self-starter - able to act on own initiative and to learn quickly
- Able to successfully manage a number of urgent matters simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to manage conflict situations
- Fluent in English. Fluency is German and/or Portuguese is a plus