Associate Director, Compliance Continuous Assurance
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 23 Jun 18 2018-06-23
This role will predominantly focus on reviewing controls and control monitors embedded within Financial Markets processes
* Conduct systematic assurance testing in accordance with CCA methodology to ensure the first line are performing CSTs and KCIs relevant to Compliance Risk Owners in line with documented requirements.
* This includes working in collaboration with the relevant Risk Owners to conducts a periodic review of the underlying controls and their associated monitors to provide assurance over whether these regulatory risks are being effectively managed and are well controlled. This is to be undertaken in accordance with CCA methodology and scheduling.
* Participate in the analysis of issues identified and contribute to the reporting of findings/recommendations to relevant Compliance Risk Owners for their consideration and action.
Regional and Designated SME Responsibilities
* Undertake the validation of control monitoring process on an ongoing/ continuous basis in line with the CCA methodology; including reviewing and re-performing selected tests in designated countries to provide assurance that the first line is completing control monitoring as stipulated. This validation extends to Compliance first line processes.
* Work with a team of subject matter experts assigned from across the wider CCA team to ensure compliance risks within a designated business are being identified and mitigated appropriately through a combination of periodic assurance on control design; and the initial test of control monitors (as described above).
* Adhere to the risk-based assurance schedules for CCA teams to ensure coverage is completed as stated.
* Analyse results, determine root causes for any discrepancies/findings and validate these with relevant Business Operational Risk Managers, Process Owners and Operational Risk.
* Assist with escalating material issues promptly, track actions to closure where required, and assist in providing briefings to the deep dive/thematic teams to inform their reviews, facilitating rapid response reviews where required.
* Assist with the production of reports upon completion of a review and brief relevant Compliance Risk Owners accordingly as to any discrepancies or concerns to facilitate their review of residual risk assessments proposed by the first line.
Actively participate in the CCA Practice Group for the designated business to share best practices and findings across different regions.
* Ensure a thorough understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility.
* Collaborate and support Team Leads and colleagues in making recommendations to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
* Understand end user functionality of all relevent systems relevent to the control environment under review.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for supporting the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Ensure all reviews undertaken are delivered to the published methodology/DOIs and to the required standards.
* Ensure all personal Travel & Expenditure costs are managed and claimed in line with Group Expenditure and Travel Procedures.
* Business and Compliance Process Owners in Europe & Americas
* Country Compliance Risk Owners in Europe & Americas
* Regional/ Country Compliance Heads in Europe & Americas
* Country Operational Risk Officers in Europe & Americas
* Group Process Owners, Group Operational Risk Officers and Group Compliance Risk Owners within the designated SME business
* Compliance Review Heads
NB A key interaction will be with Country BORMs and their teams who perform the CST and KCIs as their engagement is required in order to review their work and confirm observations and findings.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* A clear understanding of the Bank's approach to the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organisations.
* Relevant business/function experience. Financial Markets experience preferred.
* Demonstrates a good understanding of Compliance regulations, knowledge of global procedures and policies, with subject matter expertise in at least one appropriate business line. Adept in understanding and able to coach downstream the impact of risk.
* Enhanced data management and reporting skills.
* Ability to work in a matrix organisation, leveraging resources across the organisation to complete deliverables.
* The sound judgement and precision necessary to perform a key control role and maintain effective working relationships in supporting the accurate assessment and reporting of regulatory risks within the Bank.
* Experience of proactively engaging stakeholders across multiple countries/businesses/functions.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now