Big Data Developer - Volcker
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Big Data, BI Developer - Risk and Analytics Volcker Program
Overall Purpose of role
- The person will be a key part of the Application Development team, working on the latestBig Data technologies within the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Delivery focus will be leveraging existing components such ashdfs, Hive, HBase, Pig, Flume, Spark and others that are in an incubation stage to build applications that solve business problems and building extensions to the platform to enhance the capability of the platform.
- Some of the key responsibilities will be developing applications on the data and visualization platform to transform and compute on data across multiple sets of partitions.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
- Build out to technical specifications on the Risk Publication platform. The Risk Publication platform is the Data Storage, Processing and Visualization platform for Risk on data fabric
- Understanding Volcker/ RENT-D workflows , analysis , technical requirements and code them on the R&Arisk publication which is built on the hadoop eco system. Perform calculation framework on big data platform to deliver ratios on server side and BI tools like spotfire
- The developer should have very good communication skills as they have to interface with developers globally
- Have a very clear understanding of thetechnical strategy for R&A and implement components that are aligned to that strategy
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years strong Java and/or big data technology stack
- 2 + years of strong development track record using Agile development methodologies.
- 3+ years of strong Experience in big data technology experience and background (hdfs, Hive, HBase, Pig, Spark, Storm)
- 3+ years of experience in developing and implementing large scale big data environments and workflows
- 3 + years of experience in BI tools like Spotfire needed
- Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience working in the Finance industry
- Experience with any kind of ETL type products