- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 18 Oct 17
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Acting as a primary analyst for assigned accounts and secondary analyst for remaining accounts in the Investor segment. Responsible for the front-to-end Business Credit Application (BCA) process of assigned accounts as primary analyst by performing independent, forward looking credit analysis of current and prospective clients and act as a secondary analyst as needed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Plan and conduct the overall credit process for assigned primary accounts with respect to assessments of risks, credit papers, assignment and monitoring of limits, credit grades, as well as proactive monitoring of credit events, including:
- Financial analysis of customers using credit skills; ratio analysis; evaluation of security and collateral; evaluation of parent support policies; judgment of management and strategy.
- Evaluation and understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, products, borrowers and counterparties.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies in conjunction with GAM (Global Account Manager)
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and ad hoc credit reports appropriately - preparing reports, escalation, and take actions, as per policy/procedure. Monitor, in conjunction with Funds Risk, ISDA NAV triggers and track the evolution of client performance and risk profiles over time.
- Ensure Zero BCA over dues and work to minimize extensions.
- Contribute to the excess report process, including, but not limited to proposing limit increases or reducing exposures and promptly addressing queries.
- Participate regularly in account planning sessions to ensure familiarity with customer business.
- Visit/meet customers to conduct credit due diligence of existing customers with credit lines as part of the annual credit review process. Conduct enhanced credit due diligence in order to achieve clear understanding of credit risks associated with new transactions. Prepare call reports on credit/risk related discussion
- Contribute to the structuring of transactions in coordination with other stakeholders (e.g., legal, Financial Markets, Structured Finance, Funds Risk) including the corresponding RWA calculations.
- Propose and assist with negotiation of credit terms for ISDA/CSA agreements through preparation of Credit Term Sheets (CTS).
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with stakeholders in Funds Risk, Legal, and Middle Office.
- Conduct periodic portfolio reviews of assigned segment to assess creditworthiness and initiate ad hoc reviews for clients subject to adverse news or vulnerable to specific economic, market or regulatory events.
- Proactively monitoring market data and risk triggers across the assigned portfolio.
- Take personal responsibility for complex transactions or complex relationships with assigned names.
- Contribute to Stress Tests requests (wherever required or requested by GAM/Funds Risk)
- Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3-4 years of financial institution Credit Analysis (preferably funds)
- Graduate degree
- Willing to remain in the role for at least 2-3 years
Nice to Have:
- Private Equity Fund analysis experience
- Masters Degree
- Lives in NYC metropolitan area (no relocation necessary)
- Analytical skills including those to determine key risks and mitigants of fund clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with all internal and external stakeholders
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 10/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.