- USD150000.00 - USD200000.00 per year
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 15 Oct 18
Data Scientist who will be overseeing a team of three, but also willing to remain hands-on. This is a great time to join a growing organization and make a difference.
Client is a Fin-Tech company in growth mode based out of Plano, TX. Client offers customers a lease purchase transaction with no long term obligation and options for ownership.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a credit-based model (or models) from scratch or integrating new data sources in our existing underwriting models.
- Work directly and collaborate with the Risk Team to understand the performance, risk, and financial impact on the portfolio, iterating the model to include new information, data and feedback.
- Monitor model performance once deployed and recommend rapid iteration if necessary.
- Contribute and share your findings and knowledge of credit and/or risk modeling with all appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Partner with the Engineering team to develop, test and deploy credit models.
- Pull data directly from DB, handling all the ETL to running the model to obtaining a decision.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Science role or equivalent position
- 3+ years of experience in building fraud, credit, or risk models
- A Masters or PhD in a quantitative field
- Fluent in Python, R and packages with experience related to machine learning techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and very organized, with keen analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function independently and work on a team in a fast-paced start-up environment
Team is doing cutting edge work in the field of Data Science and Machine Learning using unique data to give people in emerging markets access to credit. Candidate will work closely with Senior Leadership.