Director, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Assurance
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
The Director, FCC Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Continuous Assurance supports the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) program by testing adherence to legal and regulatory requirements and Group standards relating to International Sanctions, Terrorist Financing, AML, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), and the Group Operational Risk Framework (ORF). The role is responsible for global oversight and execution of the FCC ABC Continuous Assurance (CA) program.
Director, FCC Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Continuous Assurance
* Lead development and implementation of industry-standard ABC Continuous Assurance program, including management and coordination of multiple workflows focused on testing of ABC controls.
* Through communication of CA test results, support stakeholders by informing policy decisions.
* Play an Integral part in working with regulators / Monitor(s) and meet information request deadlines. Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded to the ABC CA team
* Advise relevant stakeholders on current and future policies, practices, and trends as informed by CA results.
* Responsible for oversight and execution of testing of processes in order to provide assurance to Risk Owners that the ABC control environment is operating at a satisfactory level of effectiveness.
* Perform duties of 'CA Manager' as mentioned in the CA Methodology and at the direction of the Head of CA.
* For controls assessed, determine the impact of operational effectiveness ratings and root causes identified.
* Based on control ratings determine corrective actions with process owners, as necessary.
* Monitor completion of corrective actions assigned to control process owners to rectify control deficiencies. Further assess whether control deficiencies and related exceptions require internal or external reporting, and are escalated accordingly.
* Assess results of supervisory reviews on the work of CA analysts to ensure that outcomes reached are appropriate and to ensure adherence to CA policy and standards.
* Identify, and execute targeted reviews in line with the CA methodology.
* Maintain an expert understanding of international regulations to ensure comprehensive CA coverage. Continually monitor the external regulatory and risk environment through various sources to identify financial crime and ABC risks which may potentially impact the bank and CA process.
* Develop and periodically update CA procedures to address changes in program coverage, process, and/or in response to new risks or industry trends.
* Drive best practices and identify and/or provide training opportunities to the CA team.
* Assist Head of Continuous Assurance in handling delegated responsibilities when needed.
* Interface with regulatory supervisors, and Monitor(s) during examinations / onsite reviews, or requested / required meetings.
* Provide data, documentation, and/or walkthroughs requested by Monitor(s), regulators, and Internal Audit and develop validation memos to close findings when necessary.
* Track findings and observations in the reporting and work with control owners to develop action plans.
People and Talent
* Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
* Develops and executes individual and collective training plans to ensure key competencies are developed and sustained across the team.
* Provide leadership, management, and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and meeting their potential.
* Ensure staff in the team have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
* Ensure the team is adequately resourced and sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively.
* Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
* Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to ABC.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Support relevant stakeholders to respond to regulatory questions, as required
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the FCC CA function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
* Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Economics, International Affairs or related field of study, from an accredited institution, or equivalent qualification.
* 7-10 years of Experience in a large multinational financial institution, consulting firm or law firm, in AML, CDD, Sanctions, ABC and/or relevant Bank Operations.
* 5-7 years Assurance/Audit or related experience (i.e. Compliance testing) in a large multinational financial institution.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) compliance.
* CAMS certification preferred.
* Prior experience building and managing a team of assurance professionals.
* Proven knowledge and understanding of the ABC regulatory requirements in which the firm operates.
* Evidence of critical thinking and problem solving ability
* Evidence of effective communication skills and influence to achieve desired outcomes
* Track record of stakeholder engagement with 2nd line partners and/or regulators
* People Management - Has experience in management/supervisory responsibility. Management capability demonstrated through coaching, developing, supervising or influencing of others; experience in workflow management
* Actively collaborates within and across teams
* Agile and receptive to change. Positive and solutions oriented