Equity Research Associate (Technology and Software)
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
About Instinet: As the agency-model execution services arm of the Nomura Group, Instinet Incorporated subsidiaries provide brokerage services to clients in over 65 markets around the world. In the US, Instinet also offers a boutique-model Equity Research offering to assist their clients in the pursuit of alpha generation in a changing landscape.
Instinet / Nomura Research is a World-class provider of intellectual capital.
Research covers Company Analysis, Quantitative Research, Corporate Access & Equity Strategy. Instinet/ Nomura delivers Independent research through globally aligned US-related sectors and with a narrow but deep, high-quality strategy leveraging dedicated distribution
- Author reports evaluating companies
- Attend industry conferences and summarize key themes
- Develop and maintain detailed financial models
- Communicate investment ideas to Instinet sales force and buy-side clients
- Maintain marketing materials and presentations
Skills, experience, qualifications, and knowledge required:
- 2- 5 years of experience in an Equity Research Associate role. Experience in the software space
is preferred, however, experience in semiconductors, internet, or another technology related
space is also suitable for this role.
- CFA (pursuing or completed) is highly desired
- Outstanding financial modeling skills
- Strong writing abilities
- Extensive financial and accounting knowledge
- Extremely detail oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Team player and ability to think outside of the box
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Instinet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.