- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Oct 17
Financial Markets Senior Support Specialist (eCommerce)
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.This is an ideal role for a driven, "can do" technologist who hates to take "no" for an answer, loves the challenge of a fast paced and demanding business environment, and creating value through tools and solutions. The role requires a challenging and rewarding set of skills to influence the status quo, break down misconceptions about why things have always been done a certain way. A high degree of autonomy will be expected from the role, working to establish priorities with global colleagues, business management and development leads. You will be involved in building and maintaining tools and support capabilities to industrialise a cutting edge in-house technology, supporting the expansion capabilities of a highly visible growth area for Standard Chartered. You'll be working in a fast paced and demanding financial service trading environment, often committing to long hours to get the job done. Feedback on your work will be fast and direct. You'll expect to see the fruits of your labour quickly.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the build and maintenance of tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform.
- Constantly challenge and seek new areas for automation of manual tasks from the global team.
- Work with systems development teams ensuring best design, deployment, capacity and operability.
- Working on the trading floor, analyse requirements real time from users and technical support colleagues, designing and prototyping solutions, through to testing and deployment.
- Own problems to complete resolution
- Communicate to stakeholders for outages/ releases/ updates on tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
- Solid experience in supporting a Fixed Income trading environment in Credit, Rates, or FX
- ION Marketview server side and GUI.
- Thorough understanding in end-to-end trade flow, pricing and trade booking.
- Competent in at least one of Shell Scripting / Python / Perl / Java
- Competent in DB technology such as SQL / Oracle / Sybase and adhoc query and report generation
- Strong knowledge of Linux environment, especially performance and maintenance
- Experience in ITRS Geneos monitoring and customisation.
- Experience with Splunk and data capture.
- Automation of manual tasks for a global user base
- Solid technical understanding and configuration of web based technologies such as Apache
- Strong understanding of network infrastructures - TCP/IP and LAN technologies
- Exposure to Market Data Systems such as DACS / RMDS / TIB/RV etc
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including trade/pricing queries
- An ability to understand business problems and solve with technical solutions.
- Large scale distributed application support and maintenance
- Optional: ITIL v3 Foundation, PRINCE2 or PMP equivalent
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.