Head of Statutory & Head Office Consolidation Reporting
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 20 Oct 18
The Head of the Statutory & Head Office ("HO") Consolidation reporting is responsible for managing the preparation and timey financial statement reporting for all entities in the US, which includes Head Office reporting under IFRS, audited and unaudited financial statements under US GAAP, as well as responsible for Legal Entity Management.
Our client is one of the largest European financial organisations, with large assets in banking, insurance and asset managers.
- Direct the compilation and preparation of financial statements and related disclosures reporting purposes in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP.
- Maintain ongoing SOX 404 like documentation and ensures compliance, including: documenting business process updates with cross-functional departments, identifying key controls and opportunities to improve processes, researching new effective automation processes from manual processes, partnering with IT to coordinate compliance testing process, and documenting control deficiencies and remediation plans. Ensure that all documentation complies with company standard.
- Key stakeholder of the quarterly closing process to ensure coordination between all stakeholders.
- Perform major responsibilities associated with the annual and quarterly financial statement audits and reviews, including serving as point of first-level communications with external auditors on financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with decisions on accounting conclusions and disclosures, in addition to ensuring timely submission of all supporting schedules.
- Establish and maintain communication with the Regulatory Reporting Group, Product Control, and Information Technology Group; and ensure that financials reporting requirements are properly addressed on all levels of system and procedural changes, including the introduction of new bank products.
- Manage the preparation, tracking, and timely reporting of Legal Entity Reporting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required. Master's degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Banking or Financial Services preferred but not required
- Previous managerial experience a must.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of accounting theory and principles, including and strong understanding of IFRS, GAAP financial statement reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate well and effectively with the Front/Middle/Back Office functions as well as Head Office.
- Strong computer skills, including in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information and the ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications. Requires intermediate analytical skills
- Requires knowledge of financial terms, concepts and accounting principles.
- Strong work ethic and adaptable.
- Have sense of urgency to drive the tasks/processes to completion while leading others in timely manner.
- Relationship-oriented mindset, looking for win-win solutions to obstacles.
- Strong commitment and drive to accomplish assignments accurately and in timely manner.
- Being able to prioritize the tasks to align management requirements.
- CPA or equivalent
- Competitive compensation
- Strong exposure to senior management team
- Opportunity to build up the team