IT Risk & Cybersecurity Application Specialist
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
* You will work with IT Risk leadership and stakeholders to gain risk acceptance on information security risk matters when needed. You will also work with application, technical and business teams to inform and educate on security policies, risks and threats.
- Major & Well-Established Financial Institution.
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors and minimizes the most complex areas of risk that pertain to information technology. Leads coordination with disaster recovery and data security teams.
- Provides high value input into risk reports on highly complex issues.
- Presents reports to the business areas and Technology management.
- Leads high-impact and complex projects that involve working with the businesses to improve controls that would mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards.
- Develops and improves risk systems, methodologies and limits.
- Uses expertise of Technology and market trends to determine potential risks to the organization
- Recommends and leads any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, with advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a risk management and auditing role required, with experience in Financial Services preferred
- Thorough knowledge IT risk, security laws, regulations, standards and compliance requirements
- Strong presentation and stakeholder management skills required
- Familiarity with risk and control related models and methodologies is beneficial for this role; 3 lines of defense model, NIST, ISO.
- Experience of Technology Risks frameworks and governance
- Experience of Technology Risks and Metrics reporting preferred
- Risk-related certifications that are beneficial for this position: CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Supportive culture and environment with fantastic training opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Match
- Tutition Reimbursement
- Continued Education Opportunities