A leading High Frequency Trading firm in NYC is looking to on-board a Linux Systems Engineer to their world class engineering arsenal. The Systems Infrastructure team is responsible for building and maintaining the distributed computer clusters, operating systems, and software that allows their research and trading strategies to run worldwide 24/7 as efficiently as possible.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Optimize large scale distributed compute/HPC clusters
- RHEL OS installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and upgrading
- Performance testing and tuning
- Shell scripting or Python scripting experience, especially to help automate repetitive tasks
- Comfortable using Linux/UNIX command line tools
- Experience and knowledge of Debian/Ubuntu is a plus