You will partner with all 1st and 2nd Line of Defense areas in Deutsche Bank USA to develop the Operational Risk Loss Estimation based on both quantitative analysis and expert judgment. You will actively engage business lines and senior management to develop loss forecasts as part of s structured, transparent, well-documented, well-governed and repeatable process. In your role, you report into the Non-Financial Risk Americas CCAR/Capital Planning Lead.
Job Title: NFRM Americas CCAR / Capital Planning Manager
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
Deutsche Bank provides commercial and investment banking, retail banking, transaction banking and asset and wealth management products and services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, small and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals. Deutsche Bank is Germany's leading bank, with a strong position in Europe and a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific.
As the NFRM Americas CCAR / Capital Planning Manager, you will partner with all 1st and 2nd Line of Defense areas in Deutsche Bank USA to develop the Operational Risk Loss Estimation based on both quantitative analysis and expert judgment. You will actively engage business lines and senior management to develop loss forecasts as part of s structured, transparent, well-documented, well-governed and repeatable process. In your role, you report into the Non-Financial Risk Americas CCAR/Capital Planning Lead. You are part of the larger Deutsche Bank USA Corp. Capital Planning Process, which leverages existing business-as-usual risk management and financial planning processes, consistent with the FRB seven principles of an effective capital adequacy process.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
What You'll Do:
- You actively support the successful Operational Loss Estimation delivery for Deutsche Bank USA Corp
- You'll support the maintenance of a comprehensive operational loss estimation project plan that is used to coordinate the execution and progress reporting to ensure full transparency and timely escalation
- You will be responsible for the preparation of the weekly CCAR project status material and maintenance of the CCAR Governance Calendar
- You will support the preparation and follow-ups of key workshops which involve SMEs and senior management across 1st and 2nd Line of Defense (LOD) including: Top-Risk Workshop, Material Risk Coverage Workshops and Idiosyncratic Scenario Workshops
- You will support the ongoing (educational) CCAR Training of the 1st & 2nd LOD to ensure full awareness & transparency of the process, setting workshop expectations and ensure participants understand their role during each workshop
- You will support the CCAR Lead in the preparation of Operational Loss Estimation material for all Governance Forums, Regulators and updates for senior management
Skills You'll Need:
- Previous relevant experience in Financial Services Industry with previous relevant Operational Risk experience. CCAR experience at a US Bank or FBO is preferred
- You are aware and can interpret regulatory expectations and industry best practices supporting capital planning as it relates to Operational Risk
- You demonstrate a high-level of pro-activeness, execution focus and being hands-on
- You have a proven track record of developing, communicating and successfully executing sound strategies that balance both short-term commitments and longer-term strategic objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Risk or Technology
Skills That Will Help You Excel:
- Strong oral and written skills - should be able to distil topics into understandable summaries with clear conclusions and explanations of rationale. Presentation skills - you should be confident in preparing and presenting the outcome of your work, often to peers and Senior Management across 1st and 2nd Line of Defense of Deutsche Bank USA Corp
- Time management - you will need to deal with multiple priorities and should therefore be highly organized, structured in your approach and be able to multi-task
- Project Management - You will need to be able to clearly articulate process steps/activities and document them in a project plan
- Adaptable - you play a pivotal role in a period of significant change for this function and therefore past experience with change projects is key
- Communication skills - you must be able to communicate ideas and information clearly and concisely. Assertive - you must be very proactive in forming relationships with key stakeholders in the 1st LOD (Business, Tech/Ops) and 2nd LOD (AFC, Compliance, Finance/Treasury, ERM, Non-Financial Risk)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer. We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives. Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.