Quant Developer - Python, SQL (Contract)
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
Quant Developer - Python, SQL - Prime Services, Equity Finance
Overall purpose of role
This job requires the candidate to work in a quant RAD capacity with the equity finance desk of Barclays Prime Services division. This business is at the fore front of industry leading innovative client focused solutions using big data and financial modelling. As such the candidate will be required to convert evolving business and trade ideas into strategic solutions securities industry experience within IT infrastructure in a fast pace iterative manner, by working independently and by interacting with front office, quantitative analytics and IT teams. The job entails putting together robust proof of concepts using Python, F#, VBA, Matlab, R, SQL, and Excel, which are further transformed into scalable strategic solutions using firm approved technological platforms such as Microsoft.Net, Java, SQL Server, Python, and C++.
- Successful candidate is expected to build strong partnership with global stakeholders (includes traders, product management, product control, quants and other stakeholders across all regions) to implement FO Risk management strategy.
- The Quant developer shall work in a team of few other Quant developers focusing on various aspects of the projects leading to the successful implementation and improvements of the business critical tasks and risk management systems.
- Successful candidate shall possess strong analytical skills, broad knowledge of financial instruments, including financial asset pricing, and risk metrics and management and their robust IT implementation approach.
- Knowledge of financing business is a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Math, Stats or related engineering field.
- 4+ years in computer programming using scalable technologies using Python and SQL
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in all phases of software development lifecycle.
- 2+ years of prior Quant/RAD (Rapid Application Developer) experience
- 2+ years of Financial industry IT experience or related (buy or sell side)
- Knowledge of quantitative finance or relevant securities industry experience is a big plus
- Experience with F#, VBA, Matlab, and/or R highly benficial
- Experience working with enterprise wide scalable strategic systems from design to development, statistical modeling, and pricing of financial instruments
- Willing to work and develop ideas independently, be a self starter and contributing team player
- Exposure to Data Science discipline is a big plus
- Should be open and willing to learn new technologies
- Investment Bank FO/BO experience is a big plus
- Degrees in Finance, CFA, FRM or currently pursuing studies in these disciplines is a big plus