Senior Compliance Advisor, Financial Markets
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
Senior Compliance Advisor, Financial Markets Support and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for Financial Markets Compliance consistent with Global Head of FM Compliance and Regional Head Compliance, Americas. Advise FM Americas Business stakeholders on optimal regulatory processes and procedures relevant to FM Americas business developments.
Senior Compliance Advisor, Financial Markets
Help the Group meet its commitment of being "Here for Good" by building a sustainable compliance framework that places regulatory and compliance best practice standards, and culture of appropriate conduct at the forefront of the Group's agenda.
As front line control function, ensure execution of the regulatory and compliance processes across the FM business, including identification of real or emerging risks to the regulatory framework in response to changes to business and/or the regulatory environment.
As a second line risk control function, execute the relevant aspects of the Compliance framework through robust risk control and specialist advisory, including constructive challenge in a manner proportionate to the nature, scale, and complexity of the FM business. Evaluate the effectiveness of controls in relation to regulatory risk management.
Support the management of the regulatory relationships with each of the regulators that have jurisdiction or oversight of the FM Americas business.
Maintain independence, delivery timely and valuable responses, and timely escalation of risks and issues where risk management tolerance has been exceeded.
Support and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for Financial Markets Compliance consistent with Global Head of FM Compliance and Regional Head Compliance, Americas.
Advise FM Americas Business stakeholders on optimal regulatory processes and procedures relevant to FM Americas business developments.
Build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with all key business and functional stakeholders that is based on trust, capability and integrity, providing timely, responsive and valuable regulatory compliance advice and guidance to enable the business and functions to meet and achieve their strategic tactical objectives.
* Provide regulatory guidance in relation to the full product life cycle including design through to post sentiment reviews. Responsible for real time advisory of Financial Markets business, including Fixed Income, Rates, Credit, Structuring, ALM, Debt Capital Markets, and FX businesses in the Americas across the bank and broker/dealer products.
* Advise regulatory reform teams on impact of new or amended rules relevant to FM trading desks and assist on implementation of controls designed to satisfy new requirements;
* Provide robust risk assessment and challenge to senior management and all relevant business stakeholders where activities are outside risk tolerance. Escalate as necessary to appropriate forums, committees and stakeholders.
* Assist with monitoring reviews of FM trading desks, Conduct monitoring reviews based on Group and regional monitoring program, Assist and advise surveillance department on specific exceptions and conduct transactional based monitoring and supervisory reviews of the FM business as necessary or warranted due to regulatory expectation.
Advise global compliance colleagues on U.S. regulatory requirements and procedures that impact cross-border and offshore FM business.
Prepare, plan, and administer training related to US regulations or procedures to onshore and offshore FM desks or departments.
Ensure appropriate procedures for registration and licensing of businesses across Financial Markets.
Establish and maintain effective 1st line policies, procedures, and standards designed to identify and manage regulatory risks across Financial Markets.
Provide support and challenge processes that represent regulatory and compliance risks (as Risk Control Owner) and ensure risks are mitigated in satisfaction of Global and regional tolerance.
* Act as the Compliance and Regulatory Risk Control Owner under the Group's Risk Management Framework, including all processes and procedures where Compliance is the second line Risk owner.
* Collaborate with Group and regional Surveillance and monitoring to develop a program for review and testing of policies and procedures.
* Identify actual or emerging breaches and gaps in the Operational Risk structure and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders, committee(s), or forum(s).
* Represent FM Compliance in the Regional Business and Functional operational risk forums.
* Provide reports to relevant Functions and Business risk and control committees and forums on key compliance risks and issues.
* Ensure appropriate and timely notification to relevant regulators on changes and amendments to governance and supervisory structure.
* Escalate regulatory and compliance issues to appropriate committees and forums in order to assist in evidencing supervision and governance over businesses within the Americas.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank, its subsidiaries and affiliates. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the FM compliance, Americas to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
Series 7, 63. Series 24 (preferred)
Years of experience : 3- 7 years of relavant experiance.
Product knowledge Financial Markets products focussed on FX business.