- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Oct 17
Senior Support Specialist - Production Support Derivatives Technology / AVP
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.DPS Support Specialist. FO, BO & Technical Support as part of DPS support team for Murex2.11, and MIFID 2 applications. Providing BAU support to global derivatives and commidities trading desks and supporting trade lifecycle teams. Good understanding of technology (DB/sql, unix, redhat, java, windows), support experience, financial markets and products knowledge. Murex 2.11 experience.
Financial Markets Production Systems Support is responsible for providing 24*6 user and production support for all Financial Markets Front and Back Office applications in Standard Chartered Bank. The FM Derivatives PSS team incorporates a "Follow-The-Sun" model providing a 24 hours support desk manned in Singapore, London and New York.
The Support Specialist will be involved with incident, change, problem and release management as well BAU Production Support requests, they will be expected to perform a number of manual tasks, but will work with global counterparts to drive automation improvements that will lead to greater efficiencies within the team.
The role Holder will have direct interaction with the front office, global business teams, third party system suppliers, infrastructure teams and application development teams. Therefore you will be expected to demonstrate strong communication skills.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the stability of Derivatives Front Office production environments ensuring all applications and interfaces are available and performing to the maximum capability.
* Work to resolve problems and incidents of varying complexity, when necessary coordinate between various global teams, infrastructure, secondary support teams and business teams to resolve complex issues and outages and enable services to continue to run.
* Track incidents and provide regular status and progress updates to users. Escalating as appropriate during outages to ensure problems are resolved.
* Ability to prioritize work to successfully deliver service to agreed levels in a diverse and constantly changing technical environment.
* Ensure appropriate and adequate monitoring is in place for all applications.
* Automate tasks, improve efficiency within the team. Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge in multiple systems, ensuring production stability across applications and interfaces.
* Ensure root-cause analysis is undertaken, champion fault eradication that will minimize future business disruption.
* Maintaining an excellent relationship with the business areas by providing expert advice and precise updates on technical issues relating to the platform or applications.
* Share expertise with fellow team members, providing updates to support guides as appropriate.
* Providing ideas and feedback to the development teams to improve service operation to meet the business objectives.
* Adherence to Change Control and Incident/Fault Reporting standards ensuring recurring issues are resolved through the Problem Management procedure.
* Be able to produce high quality and concise management information for presentation to senior management.
* Assist development and project teams to deliver changes without incident.
Qualifications and Skills
* Two years trading systems application support.
* Strong knowledge of Murex 2 or 3 including its Front Office modules.
* Understanding of the Derivatives trading business (Pricing/PL/Risk/Fixing/Settlement) across Commodities, Credit, FX and Rates.
* Experience and exposure to Linux/Solaris UNIX, Shell scripting, SQL, Oracle (DAAS desirable), Sybase and networking technologies.
* Demonstrate understanding of the front office trading environment.
* Exposure to FO stakeholders. i.e. Traders and Sales staff, Middle office and Compliance teams.
* Experience supporting mission critical applications.
* Understanding of Networking concepts & protocols in a trading environment.
* Ability to resolve problems and incidents across multiple technology areas.
* Exposure to and understanding of Monitoring tools.
* Understanding of automation within a support environment would be advantageous.
* Excellent communication skills, able to work in a global team and be a team player.
* Ability to take ownership of tasks and see through to resolution.
* Ability to work under pressure and deliver excellent results.
* Prior exposure to the follow-the-sun support model delivering a consistent global service.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.