- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Oct 17
Support Specialist, Global Derivatives & Commodities PSS
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.DPS Support Specialist. FO, BO & Technical Support as part of DPS support team for Murex2.11, and MIFID 2 applications. Providing BAU support to global derivatives and commidities trading desks and supporting trade lifecycle teams. Good understanding of technology (DB/sql, unix, redhat, java, windows), support experience, financial markets and products knowledge. Murex 2.11 experience.
FM PSS is responsible for providing 24*7 user and production support for all Financial Markets Front and Back Office applications in Standard Chartered Bank. The team incorporates a "Follow-The-Sun" model providing 24 hours support coverage from Singapore, China, Hong Kong, India, London, and New York.
The Global Derivatives and Commodities PSS team are responsible for supporting all applications for these business areas, there are currently 12 applications within this portfolio the largest and most complex of which is the Murex 2.11 FXO/Commodities application/IR/Credit Derivatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Production support of all Derivatives and Commodity applications.
* Monitoring of applications using Geneos ITRS.
* Work closely with the trading, middle office and back office business.
* Perform in-depth technical BAU application support.
* Prioritize work to successfully deliver service in a diverse environment.
* Perform application releases and changes into PROD/DR environments.
* Perform Pre Production/Pre release testing.
* Manage incidents, problems, changes, of varying complexity adhering to ITIL standards.
* Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation.
* Drive BUILD teams for application enhancements and bug fixes to improve supportability of the platform.
* Adhere to change control and fault reporting procedures.
* Participate in the bank wide DR tests and FM PSS monthly DR failovers.
* Work closely with UNIX/Database/Network/Market Data Infrastructure teams on stability improvement programs or general improvements to the environments.
* Manage open risks and audit points through to closure.
* Perform risk reviews of the environment and raise new risks where/when applicable.
* Work with fellow global support teams in China, London, Chennai and New York to support the suite of DPS applications.
* Support the primary application Murex - front to back including batch processing.
* Monitor batch processing, enhance batch processing and ensure batches meet SLA's.
* Manage escalations to development and the business.
* Track incidents and provide regular updates to users on status and progress.
* Manage/coordinate recurring issues and ensure long-term resolution.
* Highlight user training and education needs.
* Help train the Derivatives & Commodities PSS application team in Chennai.
* Stakeholder management with FO trading, Middle Office, Development and Infrastructure.
* Application documentation.
Qualifications and Skills
At least 2-4 years of production application support experience within a financial services organisation.
* At least 2 years' experience working with and supporting MUREX.
* Knowledge of financial markets and understanding of trading products - eg FX Options/ IRDs/ Commodities/ Credit Derivatives products.
* Keenness to understand and resolve PL/Risk/Fixing/Settlement issues.
* Experience handling Datamart reporting technology
* Experience handling STP issues
* Experience in providing hands on Murex support.
* Good understanding of PL, Risk, Fixings and Payments workflow in Murex.
* Understanding some of the following: MXML, MReports, Batch & Back Office processing - EOD, Accounting, Payments, Fixings.
* Experience of scripting (shell/perl).
* Ability to resolve problems and incidents.
* Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and XML.
* Knowledge of databases and a working knowledge database SQL skills.
* Experience of vendor or bespoke monitoring toolsets (Geneos /Tivoli)
* An understanding of networking concepts & protocols in a trading environment.
* Excellent communication, both written and verbally.
* Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
* Self starter/motivator and ambitious.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.