Technology Support Specialist , FM ( KDB and Q Language Required)
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
Please view Job Description for details.
- 24 x 7 production support for best execution application suit.
- Capacity planning, Disaster Recovery, Budget, BCP, Preventive maintenance, Root cause analysis and problem management.
- Address business queries and issues. Expecting 2000 users globally.
- Understand front-office business practices and build supporting controls for PSS.
- Monitoring and accountability of maintaining of best execution application suit.
- Investigate BeX Web GUI issues, Apache Web servers, KDB app servers, KDB / q queries.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to the FX, Fixed Income Trading and Sales desks.
- Contribute and own projects delivering enhancements & stability improvements on behalf of the Financial Markets business teams.
- Own the build and maintenance of tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform.
- Constantly challenging and seeking new areas for automation of manual tasks from the global team.
- Work with systems development teams ensuring best design, deployment, capacity and operability.
- Working on the trading floor you'll be analysing requirements real time from users and technical support colleagues, designing and prototyping solutions, through to testing and deployment.
- Ownership of problems to complete resolution
- Communications to stake holders for outages/ releases/ updates on tasks
Qualifications and Skills
* Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
* KDB and Q Language Skills.
* A solid experience in supporting a Fixed Income trading environment in Rates or FX (both preferred)
* Thorough understanding in end to end trade flow, pricing and trade booking.
* Thorough understanding of electronic trading principles.
* Competent in at least one - Shell Scripting / Python / Perl / Java
* Competent in DB technology such as SQL / Oracle / Sybase and adhoc query and report generating
* Strong knowledge of Linux environment in performance and maintenance
* Experience in ITRS monitoring and customisation.
* Strong understanding of network infrastructures - TCP/IP and LAN technologies
* Exposure to MarketData Systems such as DACs / RMDS/ TIB/ RV etc
* Excellent troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including trade /pricing queries
* An ability to understand business problems and solve with technical solutions.
* Large scale distributed application support and maintenance
* Optional: ITIL v3 Foundation, PRINCE2 or PMP equivalent
* ION Marketview server side and GUI.
*should have basic development skills in a 4GL/scripting language. Therefore having the ability to construct complex queries, building scripts to avoid repetitive tasks
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 28/02/2018. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.