Transaction Monitoring - Platform Optimization Analyst
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 19 Nov 17 2017-11-19
Transaction Monitoring Platform Optimization Analyst - Financial Crime
Overall purpose of role
- Barclays has in place an Anti Money Laundering Policy which is designed to ensure that we comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and to help protect Barclays, our customers and our colleagues from the risks associated with money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing.
- The candidate is a key part of the analytical structure for the Global Inquiries and Surveillance Centre of Excellence for Transaction Monitoring Platform Strategy and Optimization. He/she is responsible for the implementation of and the participation the I&S Transaction monitoring Platform Strategy and Optimization Program for the global Barclays Bank Investment Bank, global Correspondent Banking and Americas region businesses, which will include the delivery and cyclical testing of scenarios/rules /data/parameters. He/she is responsible as SME to support the enhancements to the Mantas and Actimize TM monitoring platforms (or such replacements). This is to ensure that Barclays is able to meet its regulatory obligation to effectively monitor customer transactions and identify potentially suspicious activity.
- A participant in the implementation of a global I&S TM Platform Optimization Program.
- A participant in the implementation of global I&S TM Platform Optimization Program standards.
- A participant in the implementation of global I&S TM Platform Optimization Program data-driven deployment tuning methodology.
- A participant in the implementation of global I&S TM Platform Optimization Program data framework, standards and controls.
- Implement and document the activities related to the Americas TM Surveillance Platform Strategy and Optimization Program which will include the delivery and cyclical reviews of scenarios/rules/data and parameters
- Perform as TM SME to support the optimization and strategic enhancements to the Actimize TM platforms.
- Assess, track, remediate, report and escalate on related BIA, Assurance, Regulatory or self-identified issues for the Americas TM Surveillance Platform Strategy and Optimization Program for the global Barclays Bank Investment Bank, global Correspondent Banking and Americas region businesses,
- Engage and coordinate with Money Laundering Reporting Officers, I&S, business, Function Transformation, Fin Crime Assurance, Internal Audit and Information Technology coverage teams.
- Participate Business As Usual projects/tasks, strategic initiatives and gap/issue remediation within the global I&S TM Platform Program strategy and Optimization Program.
- Participate in regulatory, BIA and assurance engagements/issue resolution/responses.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- The candidate should be able to work with various stakeholders in Financial Crime (Investigations, Advisory amongst others) as well as Compliance Technology.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- The candidate must be able to utilize analytical skills to support sound decisions about optimization of models and responses provided to both internal and external reviewers like Audit or Regulators.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- 2+ years of Information Technology and/or TM Platform Optimization experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Actimize SAM and/or Mantas TM platforms
- Higher education degree
- 2+ years of Financial Crime, Compliance and/or Regulatory experience.
- 2+ years of project management
- Strong understanding of AML (Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Tax Evasion) and Fraud trends and typologies.
- Knowledge/experience with analytical evaluation and tools (SAS, R and/or SQL)
- Strong understanding of various banking and/or capital market products.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated use of analysis and professional judgment, quality control and high standards.
- Ability to draw logical conclusions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Should be a team player