Transaction Monitoring Investigator
- Negotiable USD
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Contract, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Assisting transaction monitoring team lead and QA with case investigations and SAR drafting as well as assisting AML/BSA compliance officers in transaction monitoring.
Our client is a bank in Manhattan/ Long Island City
- Efficiently Manage a caseload of investigations.
- Knowledgeable with correspondent banking and overseas wire products
- Assist BSA/AML Compliance Officer to ensure that the branch's BSA/AML procedures, manuals, trainings and programs are kept current and relevant for Transaction Monitoring.
- Review and investigate Alerts generated. Recognize red flags for wire cases.
- Writing a comprehensive analysis of the account activity to support the disposition to close a case or escalate for further action.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external partners.
- Document and report the investigation findings and prepare case files for review.
- Determine and ascertain the adequacy of the TM Investigator's investigation process and documentation for both the Alerts to be closed or escalated.
- Conduct additional research/review of transactional history as necessary in determining the correct disposition for the Alerts and/or request additional information from the TM Investigator if gaps exist in the documentation or research submitted with their recommended disposition.
- Provide the final disposition of the Alerts and close or escalate to a case.
- Provide support in the development, design and implementation of changes to the monitoring rules.
- Monitor and escalate anomalies and areas of notable deficiencies in the transaction monitoring space to the Transaction Monitoring Team Lead.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required for the Transaction Monitoring and Reporting Team.
- There is a possibility of temp to perm
- Maintaining a high degree of knowledge of appropriate BSA/AML and OFAC laws and regulations.
- Preferred CAMS certification.
Depends on experience.
There is a possibility for temp to perm.