VP, Senior Policy Advisor for US Regulatory Capital - Basel III
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 17 Oct 18
Our client's Group Finance Division has an exciting opportunity in the Regulatory Assurance team. This is the center of in-house expertise on regulatory rules for both Basel (FINMA) and US Fed (IHC) rules covering regulatory capital, leverage exposure, liquidity and large exposure.
Top tier investment bankExcellent company culture
Great opportunity to grow and develop
* The opportunity to work with business structuring teams to advise on capital and balance sheet implications of proposed trades and to design capital efficient structures.
* Act as contact for regulatory policy interpretation questions arising across the regulatory disciplines with Senior Management in Front Office and CS support areas of the finance and risk division.
* A key role in the definition of an internal capital reporting policy framework for which you keep abreast of external developments, analyze impacts of new rules and define in-house interpretations.
* The opportunity to practice your presentation skills and ability to explain complex regulatory subject matters in training events, internal road shows and regulatory update sessions
* Contribute to the relationship management with local regulators, financial auditors, external advisors and rating agencies. Represent CS at industry working groups.
* A University degree or an equivalent educational background preferably coupled with Accounting (CPA), financial analyst (CFA) or risk management qualification (FRM)
* 7+ years of experience in regulatory reporting or policy interpretation, provision of regulatory consultancy, financial and regulatory audit or financial services supervision
* Detailed knowledge of the US or Basel regulatory capital framework with a focus on Basel 3 capital adequacy, leverage ratio, liquidity and large exposure rules
* Understanding of financial products and trading strategies
* Knowledge of global accounting standards (US-GAAP and IFRS)
* Ability to analytically apply this knowledge in practice to complex transactions, attention to detail
* Effective and confident communication with senior management and business unit representatives
* Robustness when confronted with pressure from business units on capital interpretations
* Good presentation and writing skills
Competitive packageGreat potential to grow and develop
Amazing company culture