Deposit Operations Manager
- Melville, NY, USA Melville NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Deposit Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Oversees operational functions assigned to the Deposit Operations -- New York team. This includes critical operational functions identified for business continuity purposes and load balancing of day-to-day operational functions handled by various Deposit Operations units. Responsible for ensuring all assigned Deposit Operations functions are appropriately handled by the New York team; especially during a storm event when Florida Deposit Operations team and management is unavailable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Manages a team responsible for ensuring all critical functions within Deposit Services and Electronic Services are effectively handled during a business continuity situation and for ensuring that other assigned load balancing functions are effectively handled on a daily basis. The key functions assigned to this unit will be those initiatives defined by the Bank as 'operationally critical'.
* Works closely with Deposit Services and Electronic Services management to maintain and ensure the optimal departmental workflow to achieve corporate and departmental goals. Prepares work schedules and assigns duties to department personnel to ensure continuity and efficient workflow between Florida and New York operational units.
* Conducts staff meetings with department's personnel, or confers with subordinate personnel to discuss departmental problems, regulatory updates, or to explain procedural changes or practices.
* Develops a strategic business plan to support the corporate goals and vision of the bank's branding and growth models as it pertains to disaster recovery and ensuring operational soundness, adherence to policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
* Provides input to the strategic planning as it relates to Deposit Services and Electronic Services; especially for disaster recovery purposes.
* Participates in bank-wide activities related to hardware/software conversions and/or mergers & acquisitions. Ensures all departmental deliverables remain on target.
* Develops staff and ensures that the team's service behaviors contribute to the bank's overall strategy for the customer experience.
* Leads the team in developing a partnership with key working units within corporate to ensure there is a bridge that solidifies a cohesive environment focusing on teamwork.
* Works with the respective Florida managers to re-engineer operational tasks to maximize efficiencies and manage workflow capacity for effective utilization of resources.
* Maintains and distributes statistical reports for areas of responsibility. Ensures proper capacity and utilization of staffing to ensure all critical functions can be processed during a disaster recovery event.
* Monitors areas of responsibility and implements effective goals and tools to measure success for driving the team effectively.
* Compiles regular and special reports as required by Bank and government regulations.
* Works closely with compliance, audit, risk and fraud to ensure operational standards are consistent with the most current regulatory guidelines and that effective controls are implemented to mitigate risk and losses to the bank.
* Identifies and addresses systemic issues and takes the appropriate actions to remediate exceptions.
* Creates, monitors and reports variances of departmental budgets and provides recommendations for capital expenditures and staffing.
* Supports efforts to increase revenue, manages expenses and initiates cost reduction programs.
* Assists Florida managers with managing vendor relationships to ensure compliance with contracts and bank policies. Ensures all associated SLA requirements are met.
* Responsible for the accurate and timely escalation of all vendor production issues.
* Stays abreast of industry trends by attending seminars, training sessions and workshops as necessary to develop and ensure compliance with banking regulations, federal and state regulations, and standards for financial institutions.
* Works closely with the operations management team and senior management to ensure the corporate vision and strategy are being executed and that associated goals are achieved.
* Ensures that operational units are functioning within industry standards and that operational procedures are streamlined and efficient, maintained to industry standards and are fully documented for all departmental processes.
* Communicates business and departmental objectives to the team ensuring they remain well informed of business activities and of their required contributions to goals.
* Establishes standards, applicable goals and maintains accountability.
* Develops an effective network of communication within the operations team and with key working units to ensure shared knowledge and understanding of business activities.
* Assists with the development, testing and execution of the department's Contingency and Disaster Recovery Plans.
* Adheres to and complies with applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, etc.).
* Adheres to Bank policies and procedures and completes required training.
* Identifies and reports suspicious activity.
* Additional duties and projects as assigned by senior management.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: None noted at this time.
* Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
* Appraises performance, rewards and disciplines associates, addresses and resolves complaints
* Interviews job applicants, makes hiring and termination decisions and coordinates the training and development of staff.
* Approves employee time records.
* Provides direction for career development in the following areas: education, cross-training and shadowing programs,
* Develops and executes succession plans for the department.
QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree or its equivalent with ten years of recent management experience in bank operations in a large financial institution and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Commercial banking experience preferred. Proven leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability. Team-building and effective communications skills, both written and verbal are critical requirements, as is the ability to make decisions in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Well developed and demonstrated facilitation, persuasion, presentation and project management skills. Knowledge of internal systems and organization policies and procedures preferred. Demonstrated ability to champion and support operational efforts. Ability to effectively collaborate with others and accept challenging assignments.